Welcome to Vodafone Community
My phone keeping connecting to slow internet data (g). I can get good internet speeds if i turn on 3g only then turn it to autocorrect then goes to 4g. To get it to automatically contact to the fastest available signal
" From PedroC1999 "Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal. They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available "
May I ask what phone your using ?
However certain factors can affect this.
1. A local or surrounding mast maybe at issue.
Check your masts via Vodafone status-checker.
2. Weather conditions, new buildings and even trees growing foliage can affect signal. So can mast congestion which is when lot's of people are connnecting to the same masts at the same times.
3. The phone is at issue.
As a process of elimination can you try another sim card in your phone.
4. The Sim Card is at issue.
Can you try your sim card in another phone.
5. The Apn's in the phone i.e Internet settings are not correct.
Check in the phone's connection settings to ensure the correct Apn's are set.
They can be set by texting WEB to 40127 or manually inputted.
A Vodafone Highstreet Store can perform a Sim swap to replace the sim card if necessary. Take photo ID.
Vodafone have a help thread with tips and a template to use with pasting back the answers back here in your thread means the Vodafone Social Media Teams can take a look.
I wish you all the best with this situation.
🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert. 🌈
Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.
Samsung One Ui 2.5 / Android 10.
Hi, thank you for replying. My phone is a note 10S lite. Also had the same problem with 2 Huawei phones and a Sonny.
My phone around my area connects to the 2G mast not the 4G mast. Which is annoying. Both are available but the 2G has the strongest signal. Then I get very poor data.
Done one have 4G signal in my area.
2 ongoing problem the last 2 years so not that.
3 have tried in various phones
4 may be something wrong with my sim as people with O2 sim don't have this problem.
5 i have reinstall apn setting no help.
Thanks for your help.
Thank you for passing all that info across @Alexannal 😊
We can send you a new SIM, you'll just need to drop us a message on Social Media
If it is a Network Issue - we can raise this to the network team, I'll just need you to confirm the following either on this thread or drop us a message through the link above.
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?
3) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
4) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
7) When did you first notice this issue?
😎 Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
If you do DM us, please include a link to this thread so you don't need to repeat anything!