Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ip29 no 3g or 4g

Occasional
4: Newbie

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 7 miles

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Only gprs

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
3G and 4g are broken 
6) When did you first notice this issue?
2 days ago
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent 

16 REPLIES 16

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Occasional - I’ve checked and you’re in a low 4G coverage area.

Please test changing your phone settings down to 3G only, to see if this improves it.

Occasional
4: Newbie

Thank you for the reply Gemma.

I have done as you suggested and now just get GPRS when on 3G. I don’t think the 3G is working.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Occasional It looks like we've done some work recently in your area which could've been affecting your 3G coverage. 

As @Gemma has previously mentioned, you're in a low coverage area for 4G. Changing your device settings down to 3G only should help. Please test this again and let us know how you get on and if possible, please also include a screenshot of a speedtest

I can’t even get 3G now but it’s fine when I travel so not my phone. Perhaps the work has gone wrong?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Occasional Thanks for getting back to me. So we're able to take a closer look into this for you, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

Hi Alex 

I have replied and submitted my reply to Vodafone but surely you realise what is wrong with your equipment?

Many thanks 

Rob

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Occasional - Thanks for emailing us.

Please reply to the email we’ve sent to you and we can take a closer look into this.

Still no signal on 3G or 4G. When will this be fixed? How is it that your updates fail so quickly or is it that you move equipment from site to site?!?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Occasional Our Network engineers are still investigating your issue under INC3168595. 

We're unable to provide a timescale for this - you can find out why here