Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ip29 no 3g or 4g

Occasional
4: Newbie

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 7 miles

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Only gprs

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
3G and 4g are broken 
6) When did you first notice this issue?
2 days ago
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent 

16 REPLIES 16

Well, I hope it’s not too hard to find the issue.

Is all this a big joke? Just had a look on network map and yes there is an issue in my area but why has coverage on your coverage checker now been downgraded to just 2G indoor and outdoor when it was 3G indoor and 4G outdoor yet I could get 4G very well indoors.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Occasional Our coverage checker is a computer generated prediction, so should be used as a guide only.

I've checked on your case and can see that this continuing to be investigated by our Engineers - we'll be in touch again once we have another update.

Hi Natasha

it is mad, it worked perfectly once upon a time. Thank you for the reply and I look forward to hearing from you.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Occasional - Our network engineers have performed some maintenance to your local site and they haven’t found any faults.

They’ve also advised 3G and 4G is expected to be poor at your location and this would include when indoors.

With the maintenance they’ve done, you may notice a slight improvement.

The coverage gets worse and worse, how come when I used to get very good 4G and even better 3G both inside  and outside. When will you sort this?Have I been miss sold my contract?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Occasional As previously advised by @Gemma, our Network engineers extensively looked into your area and came back saying that 3G and 4G is expected to be low at your location and this would include when indoors.

They did also say they couldn't see a lot of 4G connections prior to the beginning of October and if anything they can see more connections on both 3G and 4G since this time. 

They did slightly tilt a cell on your local mast which ensured the coverage wasn't being blocked and the performance had no failures.