Welcome to Vodafone Community
Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 7 miles
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Only gprs
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
3G and 4g are broken
6) When did you first notice this issue?
2 days ago
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent
Thank you for the reply Gemma.
I have done as you suggested and now just get GPRS when on 3G. I don’t think the 3G is working.
@Occasional It looks like we've done some work recently in your area which could've been affecting your 3G coverage.
As @Gemma has previously mentioned, you're in a low coverage area for 4G. Changing your device settings down to 3G only should help. Please test this again and let us know how you get on and if possible, please also include a screenshot of a speedtest.
I have replied and submitted my reply to Vodafone but surely you realise what is wrong with your equipment?
Still no signal on 3G or 4G. When will this be fixed? How is it that your updates fail so quickly or is it that you move equipment from site to site?!?
Is all this a big joke? Just had a look on network map and yes there is an issue in my area but why has coverage on your coverage checker now been downgraded to just 2G indoor and outdoor when it was 3G indoor and 4G outdoor yet I could get 4G very well indoors.
@Occasional - Our network engineers have performed some maintenance to your local site and they haven’t found any faults.
They’ve also advised 3G and 4G is expected to be poor at your location and this would include when indoors.
With the maintenance they’ve done, you may notice a slight improvement.
The coverage gets worse and worse, how come when I used to get very good 4G and even better 3G both inside and outside. When will you sort this?Have I been miss sold my contract?
@Occasional As previously advised by @Gemma, our Network engineers extensively looked into your area and came back saying that 3G and 4G is expected to be low at your location and this would include when indoors.
They did also say they couldn't see a lot of 4G connections prior to the beginning of October and if anything they can see more connections on both 3G and 4G since this time.
They did slightly tilt a cell on your local mast which ensured the coverage wasn't being blocked and the performance had no failures.