main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Is 4G calling available to every phone?

4: Newbie

It is a bit strange I am unable to find a simple answer from the vodafone simonly new purchases website.

Is 4G calling available to all phone models that support the 4g/VoLTE feature?.

I am thinking of purchasing a 'basic simonly' plan - however, this is not stated under "what is not included".

So the all important question is, can I assume 4G calling is included in basic sim only plan?

Here is the link to the price plan and t&Cs

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/basics/?cid=aff-wvm/mltprd/_1403995_/...

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
4: Newbie
View more options
16: Advanced member

4G calling can be though to have two parts to it: 

the account

the device

Consumer SIMO plans should all support it and have the option in the account menu.

However, device support for VoLTE is a whole other can of fish. Modern iPhones are supported well but in Android land it's mostly flagships with Vodafone ROM.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have thought a "basics" sim only plan does not include 4G Calling - as according to Vodafone's own 4G Calling page it's only available on certain plans (for e.g. "Red Extra" or "Red Entertainment").

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Vodafone-4G-Calling/1020759162

4G Calling and WiFi Calling have to be enabled in My Vodafone before you can use either service on a compatible plan, but the option to enable it within My Vodafone won't exist unless you are already on a compatible plan. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the list of plans the say 4G Calling is compatible with: 

Also, you’ll need to be using one of these plans:

Red

Red Extra

Red Entertainment

Red Value

Business Value

Business Extra

Business Premier