main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Is having a second sim card which uses the same data allowance possible?

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Basically, this is what I want to do:
I have the 100gb data plan

I want the main SIM card in my main phone to be used as usual

then I want a second sim card for a second phone, I do not need calls or sms, JUST data and GPS, and I would like it to use the same 100gb from my plan. Meaning, if I use 50GB on my main phone, and 30GB on the secondary phone, my plan has 20GB left.

This would be ideal as I would like the second phone to be permanently used as an automatic music streamer without having to use my main device.

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see, and this isn't possible to do via a physical sim card?

View solution in original position

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware that's not an available option @yotoprules 

From I-d-like-to-share-my-data-allowance-with-another-plan.  “ We’ve stopped offering Data Sharer

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options

Hi @yotoprules 

You won't be able to get a second SIM to share the data. 

However, take a look at One Number here:  One Number , it mainly for devices but there have been reports of it working with a second SIM. Also, sure there is an additional charge of £7.00 for the service.

View more options

I'm quite interested to see how One Number works and if I can get it working with a second phone just for data. 

View more options

If I select the second option, it appears to only work with an eSIM. Unless I'm missing something. 

View more options

One Number is only meant to allow another device such as a watch to be able to be used as a Standalone device sharing your contract connection to make calls etc instead of being connected by a Bluetooth connection from watch to phone.

It uses the esim inside the watch so effectivelya person can leave their phone at home and still be connected @yotoprules 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options

I see, and this isn't possible to do via a physical sim card?

View solution in original position

View more options