Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

KA12 - Irvine Town Centre

kglen
3: Seeker

In the centre of Irvine, around postcode KA12 8BJ I am unable to get a basic service outdoors.Receive absolutely no signal, not even for emergency calls. This only occurs for around a 500m radius around this area. In the rest of the town I can receive and acceptable signal.

How can you report these issues to Vodafone? It's been this way for at least 6 months now.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

No current issues are showing for Local or Surrounding masts , no maintenance work and signal is suggested to be good but isn't a guarantee of signal. 

Vodafone Network Checker.

Can you please use this link and paste back your answers so the Team can look into this for you. 

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

There is a 3G 2100MHz only mast very close to that location, site 42380. 3G coverage is predicted to be very good (as expected). However, 2G and 4G are patchy. What device do you have?

kglen
KA128BJ

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Happens around postcode above. Traveling half a mile from location normally restores signal. Have done this by travelling North and North East from location.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Cummunity, add it to your profile here.
KA12 8BJ
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
Yes.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
Phone has absolutely no signal at location, not even emergency calls.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all
All

6) When did you first notice this issue?
October 2016

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs
Permanent

Phone I am using is Google Pixel. Have tried with 2 of the same devices, same issue. Also occured with Google Nexus 6.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kglen I've checked your local 2G serving site (4046) and it's working as normal. 

I can see that 3G/4G connection is very limited, you'd benefit from changing your phone settings down to 2G when in the area. 

To help with coverage indoors, check out Wi-Fi Calling or our Sure Signal. 

PedroC1999
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Alex- is site 42380, near KA12 8BQ active? 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PedroC1999 Serving site (42380) is active. :smileyhappy:

Doesn't seem to be working then. Still no signal if I go to the town centre.

Retired-Tom
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kglen As your serving sites are performing as expected, please perform a manual roam and let us know if this improves your service.

I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

On performing a manual roam as suggest I was able to select 2G and phone said it had a signal, but I was unable to perform a call. Trying to roam to 3G and back to 4G resulted in no signal.

I will try to download a signal app and do some testing next time I am in that area.