main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

LE18 Wigston no 4G througput

jthjthjthjth
4: Newbie

Full strength on 4G but no data passes. When forcing phone to use 3G it works fine.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Tested ok from Market Harborough. Not tried elsewhere.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

LE18 3TT

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Tried another phone with a different Vodafone SIM card and it has the same issue

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Full 4G signal strength but no data passes.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G only . 3G works fine

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Friday 22nd Jan

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Recovered Friday evening, failed by Saturday morning and has been failed ever since.

Coverage checker appears to show no issues.

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
SamsungS10
2: Seeker

Me and another member of the same house hold (both of us on Vodafone) are also experiencing the same issue on our phones. The phones are fully connected to the 4G network and are sending signals out but not receiving anything back resulting in no connection. I've tried everything suggested but it's still the same.

View more options
Evie

Hey there @jthjthjthjth - Thank you for sending across the information. I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. I've checked the postcode LE18 3TT on all of our network systems and we aren't aware of any issues.

Could you confirm the make and model of your device please?

When you run a speed test on speedtest.net what speeds do you get back?

@SamsungS10 - Could you fill in the initial check template for us and send that over in a thread please so we can investigate?

View more options
jthjthjthjth

iphone 7 and iphone 8 both suffering.

speedtest.net, and anything else for that matter, fails to connect when on 4G.

Works fine on 3G and in other locations on 4G

Prior to this fault I used to get extremely good 4G speeds at this location, up to 80 Mbit/sec at times.

It is as though the Ethernet wire has fallen out of the backhaul router somewhere.....

Just tried again and fault still present.

View more options
Mark

I've taken a closer look into this @jthjthjthjth, I can see the mast serving you has recently experienced a little interference to the service it provides. This caused around 5 minutes of downtime yesterday, so I wouldn't have thought this was the reason for your issue. The mast was working as expected again and experienced no further outages since around 11pm last night. Do you see any specific error messages when you try to use 4G? If so, can you provide a screenshot, as this may help us identify the cause of your problem. Does this affect you both indoors and out, as some building materials may also cause some disruption to the signal you're receiving.

View more options
jthjthjthjth

Ok, fault still present at 0850 today.

There are no error messages, except for when the applications time out owing to no data. So, for example, speedtest.net just sits there displaying "connecting" and web pages don't load and email doesn't flow.

So this morning I did a little bit of experimenting. Just to eliminate anything in my house I walked a couple of hundered metres down the road. If you use what3words there is no 4G throughput at bowls.season.locker

Further away at sleepy.jumps.books everything works correctly. This is at the bottom of a hill and is shielded from my faulty cell site by the hill, but is very close to another site.

Equally, I had a trip into Leicester this morning to take my wife to work. At spoil.noisy.demand I got an amazing 190 Mbits/sec down, 40 up. so I think it is reasonable to conclude that no fault lies with my phone, and also that it is one particular mast local to me that is unwell.

Is there any way that you can progress this upwards to the engineers that run the network?

thanks

View more options
Mark

That's brilliant @jthjthjthjth, thanks. I think we'll need to raise this to our Network team, as we'll need you to provide some personal information to do this, pop us a message through one of our social channels. If you include your Community ID and a link to this thread it will save you having to repeat yourself. Once our Engineers have taken a look, they'll be able to identify any issues with your local site and take any steps needed to get this sorted. 

View more options
jthjthjthjth

Don't you have a proper means of communication, such as an email address or phone number? I don't use Facebook or twitter, and the last time I used your live chat I spent over an hour communicating with people who hadn't the slightest idea what they were doing.

View more options
jthjthjthjth

So I signed up for Twitter as this is seemingly the only way to carry this on. It seems to be a shambolic way to communicate. 
Firstly the VF person asked me to repeat everything claiming they couldn’t make the link work to this thread. I’ve since double checked the link embedded in Twitter and it takes you correctly to here.

After repeating everything the VF side just abandon the conversation, and despite several prompts over a couple of hours have remained silent. 
So how exactly is this issue to be taken forwards and resolved?

View more options
Andy

Hi @jthjthjthjth 👋 The team will reply as soon as possible although it is not a live chat, with the details that we will need to take in order to raise a case I would advise to do this over social media as it`s easier to provide these details there, however you can call 191 free from your phone if you prefer to speak to us over the phone.

View more options
jthjthjthjth

Well the Twitter team seem unable to do anything either. Utterly reliant on their diagnostic displays and totally unwilling to pass the problem up to the network engineers. Your earlier suggestion of phoning 191 is of no use as that just starts the whole circus with first line support again. Fault now a week old and nobody at Vodafone seems willing to do anything to properly investigate. Is there any way of getting in contact with a network engineer? 

View more options
jthjthjthjth

I've been out surveying the locality this morning. The adjoing masts to mine work just fine. The following are Cell ID, enib, download speed in Mbit/sec

131249684, 512694, 40

131497497, 513662, 0 my home mast

128144163, 500563,41

131497507, 513662, 0 my home mast radiating in the opposite direction to my home

so now can you get something done?

View more options