main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

LE18 -Wigston

SamsungS10
2: Seeker

1. The problem seems to happen in and outside home in the LE18 area and is intermittent. Sometimes in the day I cannot get a signal even though 4G is displayed on my Samsung S10 with 3 bars. However, other times there is no problem.

2. You can get my postcode from my profile. 

3. Yes, the problem is still present when I try the sim in another phone. I tried it in an iPhone 7 and tried the iPhones sim in my Samsung S10 but got the same problem.

4. There are no error messages.

5. So far it only seems to happen on 4G, but its intermittent. When I get a signal it's like normal.

6. I noticed the issue last Friday 23rd January. However, the iPhone 7 noticed it on Thursday.

7. I know this is not on the initial checks, but when I get a signal the speed was between 6 & 11 mbps.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Mark

Thanks for providing this information @SamsungS10, as you've advised this is an intermittent issue, have you noticed if this happens at any certain times of the day?

View more options
SamsungS10
  • No, the signal is on and off at random times throughout the day. I've switched to the 3G signal now, which is working fine. It's only the 4G signal that's dropping out. 
View more options
Mark

Thanks for confirming this @SamsungS10, I've taken another look into the coverage in your area and I can see there's been an issue with mast near to you (LE18 1WX). This doesn't look to be the mast you're connecting to, but the additional traffic through the mast you're connected to looks to have affected your service. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. This issue looks to have been fixed and it’s been back up and running again as usual since around 8am this morning. Next time you're in your home postcode, turn your 4G back on, restart your phone and let us know how you get on 😊

View more options
SamsungS10

Hi Mark, the connection is exactly the same. So I've reconnected to 3G. The problem is the same as someone else you are dealing with jthjthjthjth  (newby).

View more options
Mark

It appears you're connecting to a different mast than the user in the other thread @SamsungS10. The mast you're connecting to has shown no recent issues and has been running as expected. If you're still experiencing difficulty connecting to our 4G network, pop us a message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK, be sure to include your Community user name, along with a link to this thread, we'll be happy take a few extra details and raise this to a member of our Network team. 

View more options