main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

LG G8 thinq will not accept incoming calls

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi 

I have a LG G8 thinq unlocked which was bought on ebay last year.  Am using a pay monthly sim

The phone has worked perfectly upto what seems to be an android security patch beginning of June.

It will no longer accept incoming calls 

I have tried the following 

A new sim card.  Went the vodaphone shop and they checked for call baring and there was non

New sim card has been tried in a different unlocked handset and it was fine, no issues

A sim card from another network was tried in the affected handset. No issues

Have contacted tec support twice. The first agent removed wifi calling and it accepted an incoming call when i was on the phone to them.  I hung up then the issue returned.

I then contacted a tec agent on online chat and then we spent about 90 mins or so tried to get the phone registered on the network.  we reset the network settings multiple times and nothing

I live in Wigan and took the phone out of area to leigh yesterday and tested again. Whilst in Leigh the phone accepted incoming calls.  Also out of desperation ive factory reset the handset and no joy

Has anyone got any ideas at all ?  Im at my wits end and dont know what else i can do. As the phone rings like its in leigh, it seems to be some network issue as in the phone has stopped be recognised on my local mast.  I have full signal strength and LTE 4G

Can anybody help

Regards

Joanne

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Assuming you've tried the simple option of simply restarting the phone, the next - and nuclear - one is a reset.

Make sure everything is backup up as much as it can be and that your calendar and contacts are fully sync'd.   If you have an sd card, remove it as the process sometimes formats them.

After the reset, you'll need to sign into Google again.  Choose the Restore option to get back your apps and as much data as is backed up there.  Some things, such as games, probably won't restore and, unless they have their own sync/backup options, their status will probably be lost.

If this fails, it sounds as though the phone is faulty.   It's possible that it was previously locked to a network and that it was unofficially unlocked before being sold.   The Android update may have interfered with that - a repairer/unlocker may be able to help, but there'd be a cost.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @nutty1976 

To add to the information from @hrym 

As you mention you visited an alternative location and didn't have a problem with receiving an incoming call, I would put this down to a network issue with 4G calling at your location, try changing the network mode down to 2 and 3G and see it this makes any difference.

The best way to get this solved is to provide the Social Team with an example of the issue, this can be done by completing and copying and pasting the results from the pro forma in this link  Network Issues 

View more options
Highlighted

HI 

Network is showing strong on 2,3 and 4g.  Me and the tech person tried switching the networks the otherday but no luck.  I need to fill out this template i think. Where do i need to post it in the forum ?

Regards

Joanne

View more options
Highlighted

@nutty1976 

Post the results from the template on this thread, just copy and paste the pro forma first, complete the questions and hit post.

Lets hope the Social Team get this sorted for you.

View more options
Highlighted

Post Title: WN5 Wigan

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just happens in WN5.  Phone accepts incoming calls at my mothers in WN7 postcode rea

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. - WN5 0DL - phone accepts incoming calls at WN7 3DT

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? - No have tried a brand new sim in a different handset and its ok 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? This persons phone is currently unavailable, please try again later

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? - happens on all

6) When did you first notice this issue? only in last week but believe it started when i received an android security path beginning of june 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent which only seems to resolve when moving out of the area

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @nutty1976  thanks for providing the template in relation to your network query. It's a bit of an odd one as you've mentioned different SIMs work fine in the handset, and you've tried the SIM in a different handset, I'm a little concerned about the update you've done if this is what happened right after. I could do with looking at your account to see if there are any hidden bars in place, and also to look at how often the device is being registered on to each frequency. If you can get in touch with us on social media, we can take your details and take it from there. The overall coverage in your area isn't showing any problems either, so I think this is the best bet. 

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Adam

Unfortunately I couldn't avoid the adroid update. Ive contacted keeley already in the last day or two via facebook. What im now finding is as follows. Handset works fine in other post code areas for example WN7 3DT. I tried here 9th August. Now at my home postcode it will ring as soon as i do a network refresh but the second inbound call it goes back to voicemail. Im definately thinking the andriod update has messed it up but unfortunately theres extremely little info on the net about it. If you could recheck the call barring again that would be great

Regards

Joanne

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for already contacting us on Social Media and speaking with Keeley! Of course we can double check your account for any bars that may be there - we don't have account access on here so it would need to done on your social media chat.

If we haven't get around to doing that yet with you and you're happy to, could you pass over your Facebook/Twitter handle and I'll find the chat 😊

View more options
Highlighted

Hey there

Strangely enough its started to work again this morning. I was working away at home and then unexpectedly the phone started to ring with a spam call.  I then tried to ring the handset with skype and it worked. i then proceeded with a landline and 2 different mobiles and it worked first time.   I tried contacting LG UK who couldnt help as the UK dont have this phone and all they could suggest was contacting LG Korea. Well i tried sending an email on Saturday using google translate to try and explain the issue.  im wondering if they managed to actually understand my dodgy translation and pushed some sort of software update to it.  

Well not wishing to jinx it.  Touch wood we seem to be fixed

Regards

Joanne

View more options