main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

LG V40 ThinQ Problems making and receiving calls.

3: Seeker

I purchased an unlocked LG V40 from Ebay in March of this year. I was really happy with the phone and everything was working great. Then around two months ago I started having a problem with making and receiving calls. When making a call there is a delay of about 15 seconds before a ringtone is heard. But the main problem is when people are ringing me. There is then a  15 second delay and then they are diverted to voicemail and I receive a missed call message. I have tried a factory reset but the same problem exists. I have spoken to two Vodafone advisors, who really tried their best to sort it out but still no solution. I have tried a Virgin mobile SIM in the phone and that works fine. Any help to solve this issue would be really appreciated.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

The first thing to do would be to try your Vodafone SIM in another phone.   If it works there, it isn't an account or SIM issue.   If the problem persists, the next step would be to get a replacement SIM.   Customer services can send you one, or a Vodafone shop can supply one and activate it for you as well.  You'll need to take indentification with you (one piece of photo id and one confirmation of address, I think).

View more options

Hi @ThePoolMan 

Trying the SIM in an alternative phone is a good place to start and something Vodafone recommend on the network issues thread here: Network Issues 

This could certainly be a network issue at the location.   If you click on the link above there are tips and a pro forma to complete and copy and paste the results back on the thread, this will give Vodafone something to work on and get back to you.

View more options

I have just tried the SIM in a different phone and I was able to make and receive calls as normal.

View more options

Thanks Ann. I will give it a go.

View more options

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

SA4-Swansea

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

No, it happens everywhere.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

SA4 4EG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

No

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

15 second delay when making call and long delay when receiving calls resulting in a missed call.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Approximately two months ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

View more options

As the SIM works in a different phone, it sounds like a device problem.   It would still be worth trying a new SIM anyway, but if that fails, you may need to speak to a repairer.

View more options