Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LL53 - Llangwnadl, Wales

Deedees1966
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live LL538PA LLangwnadl.  3 of us in my house hold have not had a signal since 19th Dec 2017. We have been promised numerous times that the fault would be fixed by 22nd Dec I get am email saying the fault would be fixed within 24-72 hr. 72 hours is 6 days. That takes us up to 28th Dec. It is now 3rd Jan 2018. This really is not good enough. My husbands phone was locked in to Vodafone. We have had the unlocking code from you and it is now unlocked. He is going over to EE. I am also thinking of going over to Plusnet. There are numerous people in my village that have no signal. So when are you going to fix this problem. We have gone from Llangwnadl to Morfa Nefyn. The signal is hit and miss all the way. We are not happy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

If you look at coverage checker and click on network status, zoom out on planned maintenance you will notice there is some work being done in the area which affects you. This is scheduled to be fixed by 19:00, 3rd Jan.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

You could also invest in a Sure Signal plug which will give you a superb signal even when indoors -Buy Sure Signal

This will help you out in future in case of any outages in area.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

I live in the same area (LL53 8EH) and since I moved here in 2008 I have had excellent Vodafone coverage. Since December 2017, I have had very poor coverage. The coverage map used to show excellent coverage, but then in January 2018 it showed no coverage. It now shows poor coverage. 

Vodafone are obviously doing something in the area for the coverage map to keep changing. 

Please be honest and tell us what you are doing and when it will be fixed. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@amwhelan Looking into your area further, you should get a good 2G connection. 3G is very limited in your area and 4G is not yet available for you. 

Having said that, I can see we have planned work due to take place soon on our network coverage checker 🙂

We’ll soon be carrying out some maintenance in this area to help improve our mobile network. The work’s due to start at 08:00 14 Feb 2018 and should be all done by 20:00 14 Feb 2018. Sorry in advance if you have any trouble with your service during this time – we know how frustrating this can be.