main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Network queries

London Waterloo

4: Newbie
Hi Rahim. So you have established that there isn't a fault with the service provided in the area it is just that your infrastructure cannot cope with the volume of customers you have at that location.
So why do you have a massive advertising campaign going on at the exact location where you cannot provide what you are advertising. It's false and misleading for prospective customers and damn right annoying to existing customers.
View more options
Mate everyone in the Uk is havi ng the same issue,I have had no signal at home County Durham for 2 months now and the muppets are doing nothing other than being patronising when you phone for help.Im paying £36 per mth till Feb 2018 for a service i havent got.Had to get another contract with O2 so i can have a phone at home.
View more options
10: Established

I have the same issue in London W3 at home and London W12 at work, the signal seems to get worse day by day. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

@davyo wrote:
Mate everyone in the Uk is havi ng the same issue

I'm pleased to say that they aren't. I travel around a great deal and rarely have a problem with a signal. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
I'm not sure how this response helps with the thread. I'm reporting a specific issue at a specific location not traveling around the country. Vodafone has admitted it has an issue. So the next question is what are they doing to fix it and the other specific issues that are mentioned here.
View more options
I responded to your claim that everyone in the U.K. is suffering from the same thing. That isn't a specific complaint is it. It's an incorrect generalisation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
Fair comment. It wasn't my reply. I don't have a problem with a Vodafone in other locations. What winds me up is sitting below a big Vodafone banner saying how great their network is when I can barely get a web page to load. I see the tech guy has gone quiet now that he has figured out he can't fix it which just leaves another annoyed customer. I actually like the other services Vodafone offers but if you cannot get the basics right then people will leave.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@davel199 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll be able to investigate further once you've contacted us.

View more options
Any updates? I submitted the details required. Haven't heard anything since since then. Issue still exists. Took 1 minute to load this page.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@davel199 We're still investigating the performance of the 3G/4G cell (1834) serving Waterloo Station. 

We'll provide an update as soon as we hear anything. 

View more options
3: Seeker

I've raised this about Victoria Station as we have the same problem there. but seeing your post reminded me that whenI used to com in from Clapham once I hit Vauxhall I might as well lhave turned my phone off as you couldn't do anything during that final section.

I've read you post and feel your pain as like you it should be a simple shout out to Vodafone.

you have a capacity issue in a region (like railway stations) and you need to send a team to investigate.

but let's play their game.

I have a team from Vodafone coming to see me on Monday as I interface to them, I'll try and bring it up with them.!

View more options
Good to hear I'm not the only one out there. 😀 Hope they resolve it for you.
View more options

##>##

[Moderator Note : Your post has been edited due to abusive language which is against our Community Guidelines]

i still have no signal, been onto some ##~## who cant speak English for best part of 2hrs today.Vodafone you are utter ##~## at customer service.Ive now gone with o2 who apparently share you mask.Mmmmm why do i get a signal with them and usng the same handset.

View more options
How dare you be so rude to a complete stranger. Says a lot more about you than me. O2 and Vodafone share physical poles not masts or other equipment. Probably a good idea to check your facts before making statements. Take that as a valuable lesson for life in general.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

move outside of station complex and signal is improved.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

SE1 8SW

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, happens in any phone also happens to all my colleagues who use Vodafone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Phone shows 3 or 4 bars of 4g signal but it is impossible to stream any services (e.g. BBC Radio) or use internet.

Trains pulls out of train shed and magically you are able to stream BBC and access internet - until reaching Clapham where there is ZERO service.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4g

6) When did you first notice this issue?

been ongoing for months

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

any time that I am travelling, consitentky every day - when train pull into station in the morning streaming radi stops until I exit the station, then it works again. In the vening streaming works until I enter the station then works when train leaves the station.

View more options

Hi

Using the network Checker here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

I see this is being reported. 

"We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting data coverage. It has now been identified and we’re working hard to fix it. We'll update this page as soon as we know more."

Register for an update on this issue. 

And maintenance work. 

"We've been doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - we were working between 8am 07 Nov 2016 and 8pm 07 Nov 2016"

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
If you read my report you will see that this is an age old issue, it is not new and also that the work done has not resolved the issues.

Also you may have noticed that many people have this issue, many people for many months have had this issue.

Hopefully Vodafone will respond with the action that they are going to take to provide the service they are advertising so heavily in Waterloo but not providing to customers
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@davel199 @Medstead99 We've recently investigated the 3G and 4G performance within Waterloo Sation (Site 1834). 

We wern't able to find any faults with the site itself, however have noticed the data services could be improved. 

We'll look into improving/optimising the 3G/4G coverage within this area in the near future. 

Apologies if this causes any inconvenience. 

View more options
Thanks Rahim. I appreciate that you've looked into the issue.
As you've seen from other posts there are significant issue with data so it would be great if this could be improved soon as a large number of Vodafone customers would benefit from it.
View more options
Great news - I for one will appreciate if you can resolve this ongoing issue.

Can I ask that you come back through here to let us know what the progress is please?
View more options