main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

London Waterloo

4: Newbie
Jeffkin thanks for verifying VF are lying seems you know the facts and they dont.They quoted they share the masts.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@davel199 @Medstead99 Thank you both for getting back to me. 

Any changes including upgrades to the network within this area, will show closer to the time on our Network status checker under the 'View planned coverage' tab. 

View more options
And just when I think I'm ok with mediocrity Vodafone decides to crow about their network.

This is from a Vodafone email I received today. You specifically refer to Waterloo as having fantastic coverage.
It absolutely doesn't and you have admitted to it. Why not pass this to your marketing team. Invite them to go spend some time at Waterloo and try to stream anything.
This is the crux of my original post. Admit to the fact you have a problem at Waterloo and stop using it as a marketing gimmick.

We've been named London's #1 network by P3, the independent industry experts. Web view

Home My Vodafone Shop Support
Vodafone is London's #1 network

Hi Dave

From Waterloo to Westfield, we’ve got you covered. Like the city itself, we’ve been busy working hard to make our network even bigger and better. But don’t just take our word for it...

P3 – the independent industry experts – have officially named Vodafone as London’s #1 network. We’re chuffed to bits to have also been awarded best network across the UK for Voice too.

Your Vodafone network is:

The #1 network in London

The #1 network for Voice in the UK

The most-improved network since 2015

These findings prove that more of your calls get through on our network. Calls are also connected faster, and with great speech quality. While our great mobile internet experience means faster downloads and smoother streaming.

But we won’t be stopping there...

We’ll keep working hard to make our network even better, keeping you connected to the things that matter to you. We will have spent more than £2 billion on our network and services in the UK since the beginning of 2014, and we plan to invest another £2 billion in the next three years.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@davel199 Apologies for any inconvenience.

We'll ensure this is fed back. 

View more options
1: Seeker
I travel through London Waterloo daily and have the same problem. I just looked at the forums to see if others are experiencing the same and found that they are. I bet not everyone can be bothered to complain. There is a problem at London Waterloo with your 4G I cannot load anything!
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@fr4nhp I've replied to your other post

View more options

I've just posted another thread about lousy coverage at Waterloo Station. Lots of promises to improve service in this thread but seemingly no action.

View more options
3: Seeker

From what I see around the place, Vodafone can't cope with the capacity issues. Everything works during none Peak periods but come rush hour they get saturated and they don't care. They probably don't even test during those times to see if we are telling the truth or not.

I'm looking at moving to O2 as I heard we also have that option at work.

View more options

Waterloo is regularly tested and optimisers regularly look at performance, in fact work in hand currently to re-balance traffic at peak times. O2 is a really bad option as they have very limited spectrum and peak performance is worse than all other operators especially at peak times. Which platforms or areas are proving to be a problem?

View more options
16: Advanced member

I was recently at Waterloo station and the surrounding areas. I was carrying contract SIMs from Vodafone, EE and O2 and a Pay as you go SIM with addon from 3. It has to be said that Vodafone's performance was, on average, probably the best of them all, with Vodafone and EE in close competition.

As for the remaining two...

View more options
2: Seeker

Has this been fixed yet? I've been using Three for their US roaming but won't be off to the US for a while now and Three have no data availabilty at Waterloo at 6.30pm at all. So I'd like to move to a network that at least lets me look up train times.

View more options
Administrator

@andykn I'm not sure what Three's USA roaming offer is, but our Global Roaming Plus is included with all Red Entertainment plans sold with a phone from 15 August 2018, or a Red Entertainment SIM only plan after 4 September 2018. So that means no roaming charges in 77 destinations worldwide – including the USA 🇺🇸

We also offer the Network Satisfaction Guarantee, which allows you to test our network for 30 days. If you're not 100% happy with our service, you'd be able to leave with no strings attached. You could also pick up a free Pay as you go SIM to test our network first to see if it'd suit your needs and let you easily look up train times 😊

View more options

It’s not fixed. I checked my original post on this and it was 2 years ago. The data download speeds are really slow at peak times. Vodafone either don’t know how to fix it or don’t care. I would not make your choice in the hope that you would get better downloads. 

View more options

@Thanks for the reply but it looks like it's still not fixed. I'll give O2 and EE a go first.

View more options

Thanks @davel199

View more options