main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

London underground wifi not longer offered

marenello99
4: Newbie

Hi all, I've not been travelling much (shock horror), but recently went on the tube and noticed the WiFi wasn't working in stations. According to the Vodafone website they no longer offer this. Does anyone know when this happened and if customers we notified? I spoke to someone at Vodafone who said it hadn't been offered since 2018, which doesn't see to tie in with posts of the forum about it into early 2020. Thanks 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I assume that sometimes when a service has been identified to be ceased Vodafone may have let the connection continue for a short while as they retract the service possibly to allow people of that service to adjust @marenello99 

How-can-I-connect-to-WiFi-on-the-London-Underground. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
marenello99
4: Newbie

Thanks. Could be, although it would be over a year, which seems a fairly long time, although possible. There was also advise on this from Vodafone reps and VOXI reps about setting up access in 2020, with no mention this service was due to be removed.

Oddly Vodafone is still listed on TFLs website and by Virgin, who manage the WiFi service as a user, which all seems a bit odd if this was agreed to end 3 years back. 

View more options