Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MK18 - Buckingham

JohanL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

- Yes, when going into town I again get a signal.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

- Added to profile.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

- N/A - I am using a Pod Tracker (https://www.podtrackers.com/) which does not have a SIM.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

- No signal in local area.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

- The device is 2G only, so as far as I'm aware it only affects the 2G network.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

- 26th May, and the 2G network has been unavailable locally since then.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

- The issue appears to be permanent.

14 REPLIES 14

I have now received the Vodafone SIM card and have put it in a (2G only) phone. The signal varies between zero and one bars in the garden (no signal inside the house), so it seems to me that this confirms there is a problem.

According to your coverage checker, there should be better signal in our area (which there also was until ~26th May): "Outdoors and indoors - you should be able to make and receive calls and texts."

Based on this info, could an engineer now please be arranged to investigate and fix the problem?

Thanks,

Johan

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JohanL - Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

As you’re still having issues when using another SIM and this is a recent change, we’ll need to look into everything further.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JohanL - We’ve had an update from our Network engineers, who’ve advised that this should now be resolved.

Please retest and let us know how you get on.

Ruperttaylor
1: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

throughout the house little or no coverage in the last few days when we used to have perfect coverage

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

mk182ay

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

signal bar at 1 then drops off entirely or just says no service

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

all

6) When did you first notice this issue?

maybe three days ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

permanent

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ruperttaylor - We’re aware of an issue in your area (site 22187) and you can see this on our network status checker.

Our Network engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Click ‘Register for an update on this issue’ to be notified when this is fixed.