Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NE49 - Haltwhistle

NIXON26
4: Newbie
Since the completed maintenance work which has took place this week, the signal has become very poor compared to what I used to get.

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. NE49 (full postcode on my profile)

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Very weak signal or no signal.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? Tuesday

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent
17 REPLIES 17

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NIXON26 - I’ve checked the coverage in your area and while there’s no 3G or 4G, you should get good 2G coverage.

I’ve also checked your local site and this is performing with no problems.

Please try changing your phone’s network settings to 2G only, as this should improve things.

NIXON26
Hi Jenny,

I have set my phone to 2G mode and where I used to get a good signal (3 to 4 bars), since the maintenance I'm lucky to get 1 bar and then no service.

Something isn't right!

Thanks
John

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NIXON26 - Thanks for getting back to me.

So we can look into this further, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Thanks Jenny,

I have sent you a private message with all the details requested in.

Thanks

John

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NIXON26 We've recently replied to your email. 

We'll ensure to provide any updates to our investigation as soon as we hear anything. 

NIXON26
Thanks Rahim,

Will look forward to your updates.

John

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NIXON26 You're more than welcome. 

We'll be in touch as soon as we hear anything.

NIXON26
Hi,

Any further updates on this?

Thanks
John

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NIXON26 - We don’t have an update yet, but our network engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

We’ll reply back here as soon as we hear anything.