Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NO SIGNAL NR27

Cafegirl
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had little or no signal in NR279QP since April. Previous to this I had a 4 bar 4g signal. I have chatted online to an assistant several times. Every time they tell me there is a fault and it's expected to be fixed by 5pm or midnight on that day. It's not! 

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Looking at your postcode in the > Vodafone Network Checker.

I can see that no issues are currently being reported for your local masts but on zooming out on the map their is maintenance work "We've been doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - we were working between 8am 20 Sep 2017 and 5pm 20 Sep 2017.~"

It can occasionally take a few extra days for masts to fully settle @Cafegirl

Please try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This response is exactly what they tell me every time I've reported it. There is always maintenance to the network and it will be finished by 5pm.... I was first told this back in July. 

BandOfBrothers

I understand it's frustrating when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

There are options to help which is a Sure Signal which creates a 3g signal in the home that works off home broadband WiFi connection but does cost a one off £69.

Totally appreciate that not everyone will want to pay for a device but it is an option. 

Or Vodafone Calling Over WiFi for people on eligible contracts and eligible phones.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

But we used to have 4 bars of 4g.... Something has clearly gone wrong with the network... The reason I am with Vodafone is because the signal was so good in that area... I don't think I should have to pay out for a sure signal box. Why can't Vodafone sort the problem. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cafegirl As the planned maintenance mentioned by @BandOfBrothers has now taken place, all of your local serving sites are performing correctly. 

Any further upgrades to your area will be shown on our network coverage checker

Looking into the location you've provided, you're in a low coverage area. You may get 4G, however changing your device settings down to 2G/3G would benefit you. 

So why has my signal disappeared??? We used to have 4 bars of 4g.... the signal has been non exhistant or very weak since July. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cafegirl I'm unable to see any change which would've affected your coverage. 

From our system, I can see the 4G in your location is low. We'd be happy to raise your issue with our Network engineers, however from looking at the coverage in your area, I doubt this would significantly improve until any planned maintanence work was due to take place, which would show on our network coverage checker

I have worked in the same location for over 10 years. I have always had a phone signal with Vodafone. I now have no phone signal. Clearly something has changed..

I have no 2G, 3G or 4G....

my staff all have Vodafone, they have no signal either.....

We all used to have signal.... now we can’t receive or make calls or send or receive texts in NR279QP......

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cafegirl Thanks for getting back to me. 
So we're able to pass your query to our Network engineers, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent.