Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NR16 1__ three weeks with no service!!!

User1109
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

NO ALL OVER SOUTH NORFOLK!

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

NR16 1LG and all of the surrounding 10 mile radius!

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

YES Absolutely!

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? When making or receving calls the person on the other end cannot be heard. Calling out the calls can only be heard for 5 seconds max if at all.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

ALL 2G, 4G, possibly slightly less on just 3G, 

6) When did you first notice this issue? Over three weeks ago!!!

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

permanent all 24 hours

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @User1109

Your local masts look ok button zooming out on the map I can see known issues that might be affecting your signal too. 

Using the Vodafone Uk-coverage-map Screenshot_20171107-150145.png

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you..... I, and around 3000 other people in South Norfolk are well aware of that fact, we have been discussing the very point with VF UK on a facebook group for the last three weeks!

We were advised today to post it here to get an answer....! 

If this is the best we get here too I can see we are on the same waste of time as we are talking to them directly.

If my response seem a little brash, please see below and I trust you will understand.... Ther are another 150 comments I have not included to this thread too....  My Message cannot exceed 20,000 characters (including HTML). apparently!!

So on the advise of VF UK - WHERE IS THE ENGINEERS RESPONSE PLEASE...?????

Danny Parr Vodafone UK we've all highlighted several times it is the entire NR16 1__ area. 
From Long Stratton to Forncett to Tacolneston, Ashwellthorpe, Bunwell, to Wymondham

LikeShow More Reactions

Danny Parr Vodafone UK we have signals but when calls are made or received you cannot hear the caller the other end. Or to begin with you can and after around 10-15 seconds the callers voice cuts out but the call remains active. There is no reliable voice service.

LikeShow More Reactions

Carrie Burridge Vodafone UK when will this be sorted?

LikeShow More Reactions

Vodafone UK You can sign up for updates to this here Carrie: http://vdfn.co/nsc

Thanks,...See more

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply · 
 · 8 hrs
Manage

Danny Parr Vodafone UK we've all done that and we never get updates!!

Vodafone UK Please check your junk/spam folder Danny, that may have been forwarded into there.

Thanks,...

Danny Parr Vodafone UK THIS IS WHAT YOUR SITE STATES:-Everything is fine in your area

We're not aware of any unexpected issues in your area. Use our coverage checker tab to see what our signal is like near you....

Danny Parr Vodafone UK IT ALSO STATES: We have no planned maintenance work in this area.

We're not planning to work on anything that'll affect your service in this area. You can look on the coverage checker tab at any time to see what our signal is like near you.

Danny Parr Vodafone UK I subscribed to SMS Updates from your site and have never received ONE. So I have now unsubscribed in an effort to try and re-subscribe and see if it starts working again....! Having done so All I get now is the option to "Unsubscribe from Network Status Updates"

Danny Parr Vodafone UK So PLEASE just give us all a straight answer to the question WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THE NR16 1__ AREA AND WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED..????

Vodafone UK Please use the + and - signs in the top left of the map.

Sometimes you need to zoom fully out before an issue is displayed Danny....

Julia Sullivan Really Vodafone why are you not answering the questions asked properly!!! What is the use of this forum if you just keep sending everyone round the houses!! Just look at the link

Julia Sullivan Hadn't finished!! Just look at the link yourselves and then tell all your frustrated customers what is really going on!!!

Vodafone UK If that links been updated to show the issue has now been resolved, please complete step 6 of the guide: http://vodafone.uk/nwrkts

That raises the issue over to our Network team for a full investigation....See more

Network issues – initial checks and template
If you're having network problems, please read…
FORUM.VODAFONE.CO.UK

Danny Parr Vodafone UK OK So the main mask for South Norfolk is out.?? We are all WELL aware of that.... So WHAT is happening to fix it and WHEN..?

Vodafone UK Please use the "Register for updates on this" link on the page you've provided.

We'll email you to let you know when we expect to have this back up and running....S

Danny Parr Vodafone UK Please read my messages... we have done that again and again and again.... we get no updates!

LikeShow More Reactions
 · Reply · 3 hrs
Manage

Vodafone UK As soon as the Network team has an update available they'll let you know Danny.

If that's still currently being worked on, we'll only send an update once we've managed to progress with the fault....

Danny Parr Vodafone UK Its been off for nearly three weeks! Is that acceptable? Please tell us why you cannot give us a detailed report here as to what is exactly happening..? If its been off for three weeks its not like you don't know what work is going on!

Carrie Burridge So u have sent me a text saying you are aware of a problem and working hard to fix it.

3 weeks worth of working hard has got you no where. Why not just be honest and tell people what the problem is?? When it is likely to be sorted??!

Vodafone UK Only our Network team would have this information to give you Danny. 

Please post the template in step 6 of the troubleshooting guide to the network community board here - http://vodafone.uk/nwrkts...See more

Network issues – initial checks and template
If you're having network problems, please read…
FORUM.VODAFONE.CO.UK

Danny Parr Vodafone UK That's pathetic Vodafone, you are saying paying customers have to go out of their way to register on a private on-line forum, complete a "template" network issue template form, copy and paste it to your private forum in order to receive an update on a problem you are CLEARLY well aware of! COME ON Vodafone it's 2017 for crying out loud!!!

Vodafone UK Our Network team work via the community forum Danny. 

If you wanted more detailed information than is already shown online, they'll need to look into it for you. ...See more

##~## Barnes Vodafone UK Right, after nearly three weeks of trying to run a business and having to try and explain to customers that they can hear me but I can’t hear them, having to leave calls to go through to answer phone, having to drive to a different postcode to be able to use my phone, then paying for the privilege of ringing them back today Vodafone I am done! 
After 20 years as a loyal customer tomorrow I shall be changing both private and all work phones to a different provider, 
One that has a little respect and appreciation to those who need their service on a daily basis and an understanding of the troubles of living in a rural area.
Vodafone power to you..... customers power to find a better provider!

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate the frustration you all must be feeling. 

I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts will catch up with your post and I'm sure that they will help you with this situation if they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I can assure you they are NOT!

Anyone.... Any Ideas... Hello Vodafone.......... Are you out there........?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@User1109 As @BandOfBrothers has mentioned, we're aware of an issue in your area and you're able to register for updates on our network status checker

I can understand the inconvenience this issue is causing, rest assured our teams are working hard to fix this as soon as possible. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is also happening to our company employees who live in the NR16 1__ area. Outside this area it works fine. What worries me is how long its taking Vodafone to fix it. It has been off since around 23rd October. Whats the formal complaint procedure? Then @User1109 and everyone can get compensation.

Sometimes Twitter works wonders if you have a decent following to speed things up. You just have to know the right people (someone from local press maybe or someone working at Vodafone).

pufinbill

when if ever will our phones work in the nr16 area.lots of fedup people in bunwell.4 weeks now. [Removed]  4 trips to norwich vodafone,even popped into lowestoft branch because we were in the area only to be told nothing to do us total crap

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous @pufinbill We're unable to provide a timescale for when this will be resolved, for reasons that you can find here.

As @Alex mentioned, you can register for the latest updates on this on our Network Status Checker.