Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NR24 - Briston

CR55
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Post Title: NR24

1) No signal/poor signal indoors and outside in Briston.

2) NR24 2LS

3) It is the same with all the Vodafone phones in the household, those on Three are managing fine.  When we move to another cell we get good signal.

4) When you try to send texts it just says Emergency calls only.

5) Internet not affected only telephone reception.

6) Been getting progressively worse since internet signal has improved so this has been getting worse over several months.  Now aware that lots of other people in our area are experiencing trouble.  Actually getting through to Vodafone to let them know about this takes a whole day!  Now aware that Vodafone have admitted that they have tilted the mast and this is what has affected us.

7) Permanent issue.

22 REPLIES 22

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CR55 - I’ve looked into your postcode and this looks to be due to general coverage in your area. This can be seen on our network coverage checker

You could check out our Sure Signal device to use at home, as this would provide you with 3G. Alternatively you see if you’re eligible for Wi-Fi Calling.

I think you may find that Vodafone are offering free sure signals to people in our area as they have admitted that they have changed the direction of the mast.  This means that whilst we once had excellent telephone reception we now don't have any or very little indoors or outside.

The point is that the signal here used to be excellent which is why we had Vodafone contracts now it is not.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CR55 - So we can get this raised by our Network engineers, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I have spoken to the complaints department along with lots of other people in this area and they are sending out a free sure signal box.  Thank you for your help.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CR55 - You’re welcome! Thanks for the update.

If you need any help with setting up your Sure Signal, take a look at our guide.

Exactly, and Vodafone are completely missing the point ! Customers are not important as per usual.

When my contract runs out I will be moving to another supplier, pity as I have been with Vodafone for over 20 years. I've two lads who live here who are trying to run a business and have no signal therefore no internet and no mobile phone. You are right Vodafone have missed the point completely and their customer service is rubbish.

I have not looked into other providers as yet but Virgin are not good as my husband is with them and I have just been told EE may not be as good as I had thought, Vodafone was the best one in this area before this mast was moved, why cant they install a booster then all would hopefully be as it was ! Maybe you could post if and when you change and let everyone know how you are getting on regarding the signal etc. 

My eldest boy, the one running a business, had just bought a monthly contract that gave him lots of internet so he could use it for his laptop but he can't get any signal. Vodafone don't seem to accept that we used to have really good signal and now have nothing. My youngest has been with Three for 4 years and originally he couldn't get phone signal here but it seems to have improved so that is probably who I will move to. Unfortunately I have got a long time left on my contract.