Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NR24 - Briston

CR55
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Post Title: NR24

1) No signal/poor signal indoors and outside in Briston.

2) NR24 2LS

3) It is the same with all the Vodafone phones in the household, those on Three are managing fine.  When we move to another cell we get good signal.

4) When you try to send texts it just says Emergency calls only.

5) Internet not affected only telephone reception.

6) Been getting progressively worse since internet signal has improved so this has been getting worse over several months.  Now aware that lots of other people in our area are experiencing trouble.  Actually getting through to Vodafone to let them know about this takes a whole day!  Now aware that Vodafone have admitted that they have tilted the mast and this is what has affected us.

7) Permanent issue.

22 REPLIES 22

Luckily I am paygo and use my phone mainly via wifi, the Virgin phone is our main one which is on contract, we had one of each to cover all areas and Vodafone always had the best signal in this part of Norfolk. Surely if they are not fulfilling their contract terms and conditions then you have a reason to cancel your contract, but I know they can be awkward and it could be difficult unless you are persistant lol. Thank you for the tip on who to check out, 

cornishpat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dont believe them.  They tell lies.  My signal is apparently great in my area.  So why have many local people complained? I don't have any signal since the upgrade. I've been told it will be sorted in next hour, by tomorrow, in a few days  and  now it's in six days time. I've been without a signal of any kind for three weeks!

I've received the Sure Signal which seems to work ok in the house but I still don't get any phone signal on my 7 acre site where I run my business!  I have written to Norman Lamb as have several other people; I guess the more of us that complain the better.  Some have contacted Ofcom and I am going to write to WHICH.  It seems that since they have improved signal for a large amount of people they don't care about the smaller amount of people that have now lost signal.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CR55 So we can raise this with our Network Engineers, please contact us through the details provided previously in @Gemma's private message to you.

So after completing all the things requested of me I received this email on 28th August:

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your email.

I've now raised a case with our Network engineers for them to investigate this further under reference INC3063844.

Once we receive any updates, we'll post this on the thread.

Thanks,

Natasha
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

and nothing further. Please Vodafone pull your finger out what is going on? As soon as I can find another provider who covers this area I am leaving you after 20 years of loyalty on my part.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CR55 Our Network engineers organised for work to be done on your site to try to improve your coverage. 
If this work hasn't improved things, there's not much we're able to do further, as you're located in a low coverage area.

Keep an eye out on our network status checker for any planned maintenance to improve coverage. 

Alex, thanks for your reply. It might have be good customer relations if someone had posted this before rather than leaving me to chase things up again. The reason why we are all so angry here is that we didn't used to be a low coverage area, in fact, we had full cover but suddenly Vodafone have decided to move the mast or whatever it is they use and we go from full cover to no cover. This is really not acceptable and we will be moving all our contracts as soon as we can.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CR55 I do apologise that your thread wasn't updated by a member of the team.  

I'm sorry to hear about your low coverage however at this point we'd be unable to advise any further than checking our network status checker for any future planned work. 

What a load of twaddle, Briston was a good reception area when we moved here 4 years ago, for goodness sake put a booster up or another mast pointing our way ?!!!! 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sary This area has been extensively looked into and at this point, there's nothing we're able to do with regards to our network. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have low coverage. The best we'd be able to advise at this moment in time, is to keep a lookout on our network coverage checker for any planned upgrades to your area.