Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Coverage Improvements

Dtc1
4: Newbie

Hi - checking the vodafone coverage status checker, my area and many other areas show the message "We're doing some maintenance work in this area". This shows many of the local masts. 

What is strange is this mentions "Maintenance is due to be finished by 20:00 05 Oct 2022" This seems a very long time! Any news please on what this might be for? Good 4G coverage generally, but no new physical 5G masts installed so bandwith improvements? Also has similar informatiopn on 02 coverage checker for same masts.

The area is anywhere in Herffordshire/Essex.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Steph

Hey @Dtc1 I hope you're doing well! Without having your postcode I can't get any specific information about the maintenance, but lengthy maintenance works like that are usually capacity upgrades for the masts. We are working hard to improve and upgrade the 4G network right now in preparation of the closure of the 3G network. 

Alternatively, a longer expected completion date is common if a mast is on private property as it can take a while to gain access permissions.

If you want us to check to see if there is any more information about the current maintenance, please add your postcode to your profile or drop a message to the social media team here 🙂

Hi Steph and thanks for a prompt reply.  The postcode examples are SG1 5AZ, SG1 4AB and most other SG1,2,3,4 postcodes.

Thanks for sending those postcodes over @Dtc1 I've checked the maintenance which is in progress for site 4773 and it is in relation to preparing the decommission of the 3G network. The cells within the mast are being inspected and the 4G capacity is getting upgraded. That's the only information we have at the moment as the work was only scheduled to start from today 🙂

Ok that's good news, thanks for checking. Presume that will eventually mean 3G fall back will not happen and 4G capacity is increased?

If you get any further news, please let me know.

You're welcome @Dtc1 🙂 I can't really confirm anything at the moment as we don't have enough information, all I can advise is that the mast is currently undergoing the 3g investigation and a 4g upgrade. Of course, if we get any more information, I'll absolutely let you know.