main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Network Issue - No 4G locally only 3G - LD1

Ihavenoname
4: Newbie

4G signal disappeared a few days ago locally , only 3G remains. 

Normally speeds are around 30 Mbps Down & 20 Mbps Up.

Currently 2 Mbps Down & 0.5 Mbps Up.

Network Status checker reports no problems locally.

Two attempts at live support and I've been fobbed off by both.

I've tried multiple devices and sims on Vodafone and all experience same issue.

If i drive to nearest town signal is fine.

Can't seem to get Vodafone to acknowledge or respond on this issue.

View more options
41 REPLIES 41
Ihavenoname

Another 24 hours passes with no improvements or responses from vodafone.

I can get better 3g speed early in the morning 7Mpbs but speed test also reports 100% losses.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Just got off my third live chat about this issue. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I explained how the issue was not device or sim dependent. Also that signal fine elsewhere.

Dutifully agreed to go through phone settings yet again with the assurance it would help. It didn't.

Two hours of support later and they suggested they send me a new sim. Despite already acknowledging that issue was not device or sim problem.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Another day has passed. No improvements. No contact from Vodafone. Network checker still incorrectly reports no problems. 

View more options
Ihavenoname

If I drive to the mast then signal and speed are good. Problem appears only in the direction of my home from the mast. Either this is not the mast covering my home or something else is to blame.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Still no contact or updates.

Marginally better speeds this morning and a very weak 4g signal intermittently.

Speedtests fail to even start more often than not though. 

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Ihavenoname, no one likes slower speeds and we'd love to take a closer look into these for you. I can see that you've already done some trouble shooting - if you could complete the network template here and post your results; we'll be able to take a more in depth look at the signal in your area. 

View more options
Ihavenoname

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Travelling 1/4 mile to nearest village signal is strong

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

Added to profile 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, have tried multiple devices and sims

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Poor signal - 1bar. Only 3G data. Difficulty starting speed tests - sometimes speed test reports 100% losses.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G problem.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Around 29th November

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

View more options
Ihavenoname

Over a week now and only one response. 

Signal still very poor. 

Have 4 separate contracts with Vodafone as it was strongest provider in the area. Speeds have been good for past year.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for providing all of those details @Ihavenoname. I've taken a good look at the coverage around your area and can't see any issues that should be affecting your signal. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. This way, we can gather some more details from you and raise a network case, as there could be something that we're unaware of.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Another day has passed still no improvement. Speed 10% of its usual value and stability is patchy,

speed test.png

I contacted Vodafone via Twitter as requested at 4:49PM yesterday, I still haven't had a response.

I feel like after three Live Chats, and this forum post I should have have some acknowledgement of the issue by now.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Vodafone Twitter help is proving to be as unproductive as both Live chat and forum.

They've told me signal is low and network is fluctuating. Also told me to check the Network Coverage map - which still does not report an error.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Another day still no improvements.

Twitter support have been unresponsive since asking for account details.

They did say they would contact network team, but I was told this by Live chat too and nothing came of it.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Not sure what time Vodafone Twitter support come back online in the morning - they must be having a lie-in. Still no responses since confirming account details at 4:49PM yesterday.

View more options
Ihavenoname

They've woken up after 24 hours and responded with "confirm the location you are struggling to connect in."

Time to repeat myself for the fifth time... they'll ask me to turn the phone off and on again next.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Speed still poor, signal weak.

they actually did ask me to check phone setting again and restart phone.

Utterly useless support and customer service.

Will now have to look at canceling all vodafone contracts.

Don't waste your time asking for help you won't get any and you'll be treated like an idiot for asking.

View more options
Ihavenoname

Weeks pass and speeds still awful.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for getting back to us @Ihavenoname, I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling with your signal. Did you post your username when you contacted us on our social channels, I'll be happy to chase this up for you. 

View more options
Ihavenoname

Yes but chat just went around in circles for hours/days and was just told the same thing over and over. 

There's no problem. (Yet my investigation suggests otherwise, and speed/signal used to be good)

Restart your phone. (Have done so many times, also tried multiple devices)

Check your settings. (have done repeatedly)

Try a new sim. (Have tried four sims)

I just walked 1/4 mile in a straight line towards the mast and still couldn't get a 4G signal. 

View more options
Ihavenoname

still no improvements

speed test 17-12-2021.png

View more options