Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Issue - No 4G locally only 3G - LD1

Ihavenoname
4: Newbie

4G signal disappeared a few days ago locally , only 3G remains. 

Normally speeds are around 30 Mbps Down & 20 Mbps Up.

Currently 2 Mbps Down & 0.5 Mbps Up.

Network Status checker reports no problems locally.

Two attempts at live support and I've been fobbed off by both.

I've tried multiple devices and sims on Vodafone and all experience same issue.

If i drive to nearest town signal is fine.

Can't seem to get Vodafone to acknowledge or respond on this issue.

41 REPLIES 41

Another day has passed still no improvement. Speed 10% of its usual value and stability is patchy,

speed test.png

I contacted Vodafone via Twitter as requested at 4:49PM yesterday, I still haven't had a response.

I feel like after three Live Chats, and this forum post I should have have some acknowledgement of the issue by now.

Vodafone Twitter help is proving to be as unproductive as both Live chat and forum.

They've told me signal is low and network is fluctuating. Also told me to check the Network Coverage map - which still does not report an error.

Another day still no improvements.

Twitter support have been unresponsive since asking for account details.

They did say they would contact network team, but I was told this by Live chat too and nothing came of it.

Not sure what time Vodafone Twitter support come back online in the morning - they must be having a lie-in. Still no responses since confirming account details at 4:49PM yesterday.

They've woken up after 24 hours and responded with "confirm the location you are struggling to connect in."

Time to repeat myself for the fifth time... they'll ask me to turn the phone off and on again next.

Speed still poor, signal weak.

they actually did ask me to check phone setting again and restart phone.

Utterly useless support and customer service.

Will now have to look at canceling all vodafone contracts.

Don't waste your time asking for help you won't get any and you'll be treated like an idiot for asking.

Weeks pass and speeds still awful.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Ihavenoname, I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling with your signal. Did you post your username when you contacted us on our social channels, I'll be happy to chase this up for you. 

Yes but chat just went around in circles for hours/days and was just told the same thing over and over. 

There's no problem. (Yet my investigation suggests otherwise, and speed/signal used to be good)

Restart your phone. (Have done so many times, also tried multiple devices)

Check your settings. (have done repeatedly)

Try a new sim. (Have tried four sims)

I just walked 1/4 mile in a straight line towards the mast and still couldn't get a 4G signal. 

still no improvements

speed test 17-12-2021.png