Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Issue - No 4G locally only 3G - LD1

Ihavenoname
4: Newbie

4G signal disappeared a few days ago locally , only 3G remains. 

Normally speeds are around 30 Mbps Down & 20 Mbps Up.

Currently 2 Mbps Down & 0.5 Mbps Up.

Network Status checker reports no problems locally.

Two attempts at live support and I've been fobbed off by both.

I've tried multiple devices and sims on Vodafone and all experience same issue.

If i drive to nearest town signal is fine.

Can't seem to get Vodafone to acknowledge or respond on this issue.

41 REPLIES 41

Still poor  speeds today. 

Excellent response time for fixing this issue.

Please 

Can  

I

Have

Some

Help

Vodafone?

Problem still exists. Very low signal strength in a previously well covered area. Can barely make calls or receive messages now.

Here's how the speed used to be:

Screenshot_20211219-130443_Speedtest.jpg

Here's today's speed tests. Same phone, same location as previous reading.

Screenshot_20211219-084509_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20211219-160924_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20211219-185501_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20211219-213948_Speedtest.jpg

@Ihavenoname wrote:

Please 

Can  

I

Have

Some

Help

Vodafone?

I dont work for Vodafone, so straight up I am unable to help you directly I'm afraid. 

However from what I have read you are obviously getting nowhere resolving this network issue. Perhaps you should escalate this via an official complaint using Resolver or direct with Vodafone's dedicated complaints team on 0333 3040 441. You can also complain using the online complaints form here or by writing to Customer Relations Manager, Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN

Hello @Ihavenoname 

I've just been reading through your thread and looking at your Speed Tests and I can say I would be unimpressed at those stats too and more importantly the user experience I would typically be experiencing when using mobile data to use the Internet.

What makes the situation a more bitter pill to swallow is that from what you write speeds were fine previously. 

I've known people to be forced to use Home Wi-Fi when at Hone and in range or use the Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi if on an eligible contract and phone model but those can help so far. 

We can put people in space and communicate with them so it's mind boggling that we can't provide a stable mobile data / signal  connection to people on earth! 

The Team's here and via the Customer Services Channels are most probably restricted to what they can do apart from passing the information to their Networking Teams for assessment. This all takes time all the while the account holder sits and waits getting frustrated,  and rightly so !

May I ask do neighbours and visitors to you also on Vodafone suffer the same user experience  ? If so ask them to report this too as it lends weight to your own raised concerns.

I know you've tried other phone's and sim cards so this must be a mast issue especially as signal improves when you commute.

Have you tried other Network Sim Cards i.e Payg one's to experiment what signal is like with them.

I get that your at the end of your tether with this and are contemplating a move of networks.

On that I'd suggest to check the Terms and Conditions found here  to check where you stand contractually under the Clause of Leaving Vodafone due to the " Quality of Our Services " section. You would need to contact Vodafone Customer Services to discuss those options.

You could leave Vodafone using a Pac so you can take your number with you but this may incur an Early Termination Fee for leaving before the contractual term is completed.

You can check what the fee would be via " Text INFO to 85075 and we'll text you back with the amount you need to pay, as well as what to do if you have other services with us " from Cancel-your-account. 

By raising a complaint  this starts a chain reaction within Vodafone that gives them 8 weeks to provide a resolution or provide a Deadlock Letter. Then with this a person can ask the Communications Ombudsman to arbitrate on their behalf. 

Hopefully it won't cone to that and instead your services resume.

Please be assured I'm not suggesting you go down these routes I'm just bringing to the conversation what is available if you find it necessary at some latter stage.

On a personal note I use a Dual Sim phone so I'm always connected ( hopefully ) if one network suffers a glitch or downturn in service.

I truly wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for helpful comments all. I'm going to continue to complain on several fronts until this is resolved. No broadband to fall back on as its a rural area and there is only a poor adsl service available. 

Here is a speed test made today on the same phone in a location some miles away from home.

Screenshot_20211220-084148_Speedtest.jpg

Back home.

Screenshot_20211220-171855_Speedtest.jpg

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I can see that a network case has been raised for you @Ihavenoname and you've been provided with a reference number yesterday. Our Network engineers will now look into this for you - I can also see that your chat has been added to a list for active monitoring, so we'll be sure to update you as soon as we here anything.