main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Network Issues LA23 Cumbria

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'LA23 Winster, Windermere, Cumbria

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Happens at the home address and immediate surrounding area in village.. Have to go approx 3 miles north (Bowness) or south (Witherslack) to regain coverage.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

full post code in profile

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

happens on two different iPhones XR and 11 plus router with SIM card. Plus neighbours report same issues. Works fine if leave area. 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No phone signal at all, normally 4 bars with good 4G

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

intermittent loss over summer for about 10 mins per day. Had message saying maintenance on 19/09/2020 at this location and signal was down most of the day, was ok over weekend. Today signal lost at approx 08:05 and still not returned. Have to travel away to use phone. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? 

Has been intermittent but now signal gone all day.

This is major issues since don’t have a land line and need phone and data  to allow working from home.

thanks

windy

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hey @Windyboy, thank you for sending all that info across! I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now.

After checking our network systems, I can see that the mast you are connecting to was down for a few hours on 22/09/2020. It's had some intermittent service since and yesterday our maintenance team completed some work on the masts to improve the service.

We do advise 48 hours for any work that has been completed to settle and your service to be back up and running. I would suggest running through the following settings as well on your device to see if this improves your service:

Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Untick Automatic > Select any other network for a minute or two, and then reconnect to the Vodafone network 👍

View more options