main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Network Issues

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have not been able to connect to a network for 24 hours, I have not been able to use calls, texts and data during this time. I get the message of emergency calls only or no service. I am currently in Bermuda and when I try to connect to the local network which I was using prior to this issue it says my sim does not allow connection to the network.

I have the global roaming plus package. I spent 10 hours yesterday speaking to the advisors on the live chat no one could resolve the issue and at the end of the 10 hours someone figured out someone had put a PAYM Roaming bar on my account. They removed this however, I still cannot access the network. The live chat team seem to follow a script and therefore cannot help the issue as the advice is not tailored. I really need help in accessing the network and being able to use my phone. I have also contacted voadfone by the facebook chat however, they are not replying and I need this sorting ASAP.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

I can understand how this would be frustrating for you @natalier94 

Sometimes it can take a short while for your account to reset.

Can you in the interim try connecting to an alternative network and then try again to the one before 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

This does not work - I have tried numerous steps resetting my APN, resetting the phone, removing and re-inserting my sim, connecting to different networks but when I do this it states my sim card does not allow a connection to the network however I was connected to the local network in Bermuda before the Bar was applied to my account.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @natalier94 

I wouldn't be surprised is this is connected to your previous post here  where you changed your tariff to include Global Roaming Plus but had extra roaming charges.

When you take out a contract Vodafone always place a credit limit on the account, and it may be that as far as Vodafone are concerned, you have reached the limit and now have your services restricted.  When you eventually manage to speak to Vodafone this would be something worth asking.

If you have been in contact with Vodafone through Social Media channels you should get a response as soon as possible.

View more options

No I changed my contract 3/4 weeks ago - the phone stopped working yesterday.

View more options

and the extra charges were added 3 weeks ago - so I cannot believe that these are connected

View more options

Sorry about the delay getting back to you @natalier94, are you back up and running again now? It can take up to 24 hours for a bar to be removed.

View more options