Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Problems AGAIN CR5

looey
4: Newbie

Again we have some netwrok issues here that are affecting calls.

I noticed yesterday on the staus map that there was a message saying that a fault had beem fixed on 23rd and sorry for any inconvenience caused. Well actually, we were ok until then, now there is something wrong.

We have 2 people with Vodafone phones in the home, one Android 3G and one Apple 4G, both are having the same problems making calls.

Either you get no connection and the phone hangs, or you get through and 90% of the connected time there's just silence then the call will cut in for a couple of seconds, then go silent again :smileymad:

Can anyone investigate please.

Template completed below

Thanks

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Within our home (service normally good) and within a mile or 2 drive

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

CR5 1HN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Happens of both Vodafone handsets in the house.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

As described above

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

One handset on 3G, one on 4G, same on both

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Yesterday 26th January 2017

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanently Intermittent if that makes sense ?

3 REPLIES 3

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@looey - I’ve checked the network in your area and everything looks fine – your local sites are performing with no faults.

3G and 4G are a little patchy, but you should have good 2G coverage.

Please try changing your phone’s settings to 2G only as this should improve things.

Ok thanks, I will try changing my phone to 2G to make and receive calls but surely that's not how it should be ?.

I've lived here for 7 years, had my 3G phone for at least a couple of years and never had any problems on 3G here before.

The work they did on 23rd, it wasn't to reduce the 3G/4G signals and boost 2G surely ?.

Thanks again

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@looey We'll be doing some work on one of the surrounding sites within your area to help improve coverage. 

We're expecting to have things back to normal by 29 January 2017 at 6pm. 

If you're still experiencing issues 24 hours after the maintanence work has finished, please let us know and we'll investigate further.

See our Network status checker for more information.