Welcome to Vodafone Community
I've noticed that the signal in my area has dropped off significantly of late. Your network coverage map shows that I should get a good 2G signal indoors and outdoors, but recently the signal indoors is one bar which regularly disappears completely causing calls to be dropped.
Can someone please check this issue out.
In order for the Vodafone Social Media Teams here to look into the possible issue in your area and pass this onto their networking Teams can you please use the following link with a template to use to copy and paste it back here with your answers.
Other interim options are wi-fi-calling if you have an eligible phone and contract or the Sure Signal Device but that does cost a one off £69.00 and works off Home Broadband Wifi.
Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.
Samsung One Ui / Pie.
Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Most areas of our house we are down to one bar on 2G. If you step outside it goes up to 2 bars on 2G. If you walk to the end of the road the signal goes up to 3G.
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.>
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
Haven't tried this, however we have four iPhones in our household all on the Vodafone network and they all show the same signal levels. My work iPhone XR has the worst reception.
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
The network coverage sometimes drops off completely and if we're making a call, the call is dropped. This happens regularly. Texts sometimes take an age to receive.
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
We only have a 2G signal which is an issue in itself as we live near the centre of St Albans. It's not like we live in a remote area. It's pretty poor for a City location.
6) When did you first notice this issue?
We have had it on and off for the last year, but recently we have noticed that the network signal strength is consistently particularly poor.
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
It used to be intermittent, it's now permanent.
Hey @Blackhawk7117, thanks for getting in touch. I've checked around the postcode you provided and can see that we've recently made some changes in that area. Not to any of the masts that you're connecting to, but this may have caused a possible knock on effect.
I can see the coverage around your area is generally patchy, though all the masts near you for 2G, 3G and 4G are working correctly. There's actually a planned upgrade to your nearest 4G mast (7953) very soon.