main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Network coverage in other juristrictions

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

We sometimes deploy UK Vodafone SIMs in eg the Republic of Ireland. I know that this SIM would then be roaming, but it would be useful to be able to estimate Vodafone network coverage at least, particularly because some clients request CSD data which I gather may be more likely to be lost in transit through other networks. The Irish Vodafone web page doesn't have the coverage map, and just says to contact them. However they won't communicate unless a valid Irish Vodafone number is given. It seems a shame that an international company has these differences and gaps in information available for customers. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
A

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

As we have no control over the coverage of foreign networks @Artyb, we'd be unable to monitor the accuracy of any information provided. Have you tried contacting Vodafone Ireland directly about implementing their own coverage map?

View more options
16: Advanced member

The Irish Communications Regulator, ComReg, have a coverage map

You can check Vodafone's coverage on there. 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I previously found that third-party coverage site, but my point really was that it is strange for a multinational company to have such differences in information it provides, and to not talk to its own customers from different juristictions. Consistency of support might be hoped for as a benefit of using an international company.

Best Wishes,

A

View more options