main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Network fault in my area, fixed on 30th September, Broken again 2nd October , still not fixed

4: Newbie

I am constantly experiencing a "Network fault" in my area that results in extremely poor download speeds. Like in the order of 2 or 3 mbits (maybe, on a really good day I might see more than 7 mbit with 2 mbit upload). 

Firstly, why has this fault not been fixed in 3 weeks now? 

Secondly, why was this "fixed" as announced by SMS and then "broke" again 2 days later. 

Why does this keep happening? 

You don't offer any compensation, while i'm paying full price every month and getting extremely poor speeds. Normal speed in my area is over 30mbit. Today, I got 4mbit in a speed test. Do you think this is fair that I continue to pay full whack for this and you don't fix your network faults? 

View more options
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @SNAKEPLISSKEN - if we're currently aware of an issue in your area this will show on our network status checker. It sounds like you're registered your number on there, so we'll keep you updated on the outcome of our Engineer's work via text. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing to you in the meantime. As we'll still be providing a service to you, we wouldn't compensate for this as we can only offer this with full loss of service. It may help to switch down to 2G or 3G only in your phone settings during any improvements/maintenance in your area. You can find how to do this when searching 'Select network mode' in our device guides.

Rest assured our Engineers will be working hard on implementing a fix ASAP.

View more options

Why has this persisted for more than one month? 

Are you even actually attempting to fix it? 

I'm not resting very assured when a month has gone by with no fix. 

View more options

I'm sorry there's been a delay in getting your service back up and running @SNAKEPLISSKEN. If you can pop us your postcode, we'll be able to take a closer look into this and see what's delayed the repair. If you'd prefer not to share your postcode publicly, add it to your personal information on your Community profile and only our moderators and you will be able to view it.

View more options

Hello

My post code has been added to my profile.

View more options

Thank you @SNAKEPLISSKEN. After having a look at our network status checker, I can see that there is a current network issue in your area. I appreciate this isn't ideal, especially at a time like this but our engineers will be working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

If you are signed up to the alerts, you will be kept updated as to when the work should be complete along with any future work that happens in your area.

View more options

I'm sorry but that reply did not help me in any way whatsoever. 

You ask for my details, so you can investigate a problem I tell you about. 

and you come back and say yep, you've got a problem. 

When will it be fixed? 

Over a month now. You don't seem at all interested in fixing it. 

Instead you ask for my details, and tell me there's a problem. Thanks.... i knew that... i told you. What I want to know is when will it be fixed. 

So moving to EE when my contract is up. This is BAD customer service. and BAD network operations. 

View more options

I understand your frustration @SNAKEPLISSKEN, I'm sure I would feeling the same, especially with the current situation.

Unfortunately, there isn't an estimated time frame for when the network issue is due to be completed. I can assure you we do want to get this fixed and for you to be up and running as soon as possible. Currently our network team and engineers will be working on getting it resolved. 

We would hate to see you leave over this, I appreciate your on going patience with us but at the moment, we need to allow those teams to fix the issue.

View more options

Are you lot for real. 

Is this a joke? 

Screenshot_20201106-175030731.jpg

View more options

I understand how frustrating this could be @SNAKEPLISSKEN 

Our engineers are working hard to fix the issues in your area as soon as possible, we really appreciate your patience. 

View more options