Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network priority payg

Biz88
2: Seeker
I'm thinking of going with Vodafone on a payg sim as they have just improved coverage in my area. But just wondering if there is any lower priority for 4g compared to pay monthly??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

My understanding is that a Pay Monthly customer benefits from an included phone and possibly better allowances on full contract. 

And if on Sim Only better allowances. 

"Priority Service " I've not come across. 

Im on Vodafone Payg and have run speed checks alongside Vodafone Pay Monthly friend and the speeds were pretty much similar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

None what so ever. 

Payg and Pay Monthly have the same service. 

If you've checked service via the network Checker do take into consideration that's an expected but not guaranteed service

Current Phone  >

Biz88
Ok thanks for your reply. Do you know what's the progress of volte on Vodafone at the moment? Also if I go payg and after few months decide to go pay monthly sim only is it a simple process to upgrade? I'm currently with EE but really struggle with indoor coverage has anyone had any expierence between the two networks for indoor coverage?? Thanks in advance

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

We hope to see Volte asap but the network has not advised If and when yet. 

You can can upgrade from Payg to Pay Monthly and keep your number as long as a credit check is passed. 

Moving-from-Pay-as-you-go-to-Pay-monthly.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Biz88

Vodafone do not throttle internet speed for PAYG customer and provide pay monthly customers with priority service.

If you choose PAYG, you will receive the same service as pay monthly.

The best way is to try Vodafone for yourself as PAYG and make your own judgement.

As soon as VoLTE is ready, Vodafone will make the announcement.

Biz88
Hi Anns

Thanks for your reply. You say that voda don't throttle the speed on payg, but you say pay monthly get a priority service? Does that mean they will get better 4g reception than payg?? Thanks

BandOfBrothers

My understanding is that a Pay Monthly customer benefits from an included phone and possibly better allowances on full contract. 

And if on Sim Only better allowances. 

"Priority Service " I've not come across. 

Im on Vodafone Payg and have run speed checks alongside Vodafone Pay Monthly friend and the speeds were pretty much similar. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

@Biz88 wrote:
Hi Anns

Thanks for your reply. You say that voda don't throttle the speed on payg, but you say pay monthly get a priority service? Does that mean they will get better 4g reception than payg?? Thanks

You have misread what I have written.

'Vodafone do not throttle internet speed for PAYG customer and provide pay monthly customers with priority service.'

Biz88
Anns you are right I have my apologies long day at work. Thanks for your replys guys