main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

New Coverage Map - Can't move the map

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

The new Vodafone coverage map is really smart - but noticed one major bug in that you can't move around the map by dragging with mouse or fingers on a tablet or phone etc. It's fixed - so you have to enter a new postcode everytime to move elsewhere. 

Not a major thing - but worth feeding back to the right team if a moderator can do  

Thanks!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's work in progress @CornishTD, so there's plenty of scope for improvements.

I'll certainly feedback your suggestion to the team managing our website 👍

Blair

View more options
7 REPLIES

@CornishTD - Thanks for your feedback! When using the ‘-‘ and ‘+’ signs on the map, this is our new way of navigating it. If you’d like me to check anything, then please let me know. ☺️

View more options

Thanks Gemma, I figured that out, but all it does is zoom in and out, not move up/down left/right like the old map or the majority of google maps online. 

So my original post was if you could please feed it back to your web team to tweak. It’s just a simple code snippet used on the google map embed to allow it  

View more options
17: Community Champion

I noticed that a while back.  The workround is to search for places near where you want to check and work outwards from there.   However, if you're trying to find connections on a road trip, that's a bit less than ideal.

View more options
4: Newbie

@hrym wrote:

I noticed that a while back.  The workround is to search for places near where you want to check and work outwards from there.   However, if you're trying to find connections on a road trip, that's a bit less than ideal.

The old map used to scroll and would be handy if we were able to scroll the new map. Overall the update is good though.

View more options

It's work in progress @CornishTD, so there's plenty of scope for improvements.

I'll certainly feedback your suggestion to the team managing our website 👍

Blair

View more options

Awesome! Thanks @Blair 👍🏼

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

Glad others have commented on this already. The new map is better in that it's larger and more detailed, and accepts lat and long in the search. However these seem to be internally converted to the nearest postcode location. We use the page to check signal strength for remote monitoring installations, and the nearest postcode can be some way from the installation location. Presently the only way to see the signal info for the installation site is to zoom out, which reduces detail. Being able to search for an exact lat/long, or move the pointer/map would be very valuable to us.

Best Wishes,
A

View more options