Welcome to Vodafone Community
Hello, I am having a problem getting my new iPhone 13 Pro Max to connect to 5G. This is not a Vodafone provided device, I have bought it directly from Apple.
5G is enabled on the phone and the Network Status page indicates that I should have 5G coverage. I also have 5G listed as available within my account "Extras" but I am still stuck with 4G showing on the phone.
I have seen a number of other threads in this forum mention that they had the same problem that was then resolved by having the phone number reprovisioned. How do I go about having this done?
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
- Applies in all 5G regions
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
- In profile
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
- I do not have another 5G compatible phone
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
- Phone does not connect to 5G network
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
6) When did you first notice this issue?
- Since purchasing the iPhone 13 on release date
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Customer services on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries all have account access.
Unfortunately there isn't via this forum.
I assume you want 5G because you download large files which 5G is good for.
Current Phone >
Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.
Previous Phone >
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.
Thanks, I was trying to avoid the soul numbing process of speaking to customer services on the phone and explaining I had already checked it was turned on in the phone settings!
Live chat doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment as that was my first thought.