main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

No 5G data in SW6

AndrewCarrier
2: Seeker

I have had no data on 5G since last Wednesday night at 18:00. Both my iPhone and GigaCube similarly affected. They both show plenty of 5G reception but no data, no internet when connected to 5G. It doesn’t seem possible to force the GigaCube to use 4G only but when I switch the iPhone to 4G I do get data.  

Whenever I contact them, all Vodafone customer support have told me is that they are working in the area and it should be fixed in 24-48 hours. Tomorrow will be day 6 without an internet connect. Very frustrating.

View more options
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @AndrewCarrier 

Totally understand it's frustrating when the strength of signal is not what it could be.

5G in the grand scheme of things is still very much a new technology and can be hit and miss when it comes to connection in my personal opinion.

I assume you like to use 5G for downloading large files which is it's primary use.

A person can check their postcode in the vodafone status-checker in regards to masts and Vodafone have a help thread that includes a template a person can utilise.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

I'm sire you've tried but occasionally a soft reboot by turning the device Off and then back On can help.

I hope your signal returns ASAP.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options