main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

No 5g on Samsung Galaxy note 10+ 5G

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi all, 

I've noticed that I don't have anymore 5G signal anywhere around I live, so today I went on a mission to understand if was because I was far from the antennas or what.

I've been walking around 30 min from E14 9WZ till the 5G's Vodafone antennas and no signal at all.

I've been speaking with someone on the chat that asked me to delete my network settings and remove and insert the Simcard in my phone. 

At my postcode 5g is limited outdoor so I was doing everything outside my balcony, but nothing, no 5G. (even if I doubt that from outside the balcony I should get the signal...) 

Do you have any other suggestion to resolve the issue? 

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I've seen a few posts like yours concerning 5G connection and various 5G phone's @ostage 

A forum search will bring these up for you if you wish.

My personal opinion on this is that even when in a 5G area a person has pretty much have to be close to a 5G module to get signal.

Conditions have to be spot on.

As long as the phone is a 5G variant and set in it's preferences to use 5G ( if relevant ) , the sim card is capable of running 5G which Vodafone Sim's are and a person is on a 5G compliant contract there's little more a person can do themselves I believe.

5G is very much in it's infancy and I expect things to improve over the next couple of years.

Also 5G allows faster downloads of large files such as film's as one example.

5G does not improve surfing speeds i.e using the Internet.

This is why I'm personally not using up too much of my time chasing a 5G connection.

I purchased my Samsung Note10 5G directly from Samsung UK and chose the 5G model to future proof my purchase.

I'm in a 5G area and yet to see the all too illusive 5G icon in the status bar. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Hello Band,

Thank you for your answer.

Although I'm not directly chasing the 5G (as the propagation is on the path of my daily walk) I would like that if a company advertise a service as breakthrough to be at least working.

I understand that is an early stage but as I went till the antennas, I would expect that something should show up standing directly down there.

That means there is something wrong with my phone or service, that why I'm here writing 😕

I've been reading the other posts, mostly they come to a conclusion of sim swaps but I would like to ear something form someone technical before doing that.

Highlighted
17: Community Champion

No worries @ostage 

Good luck with your quest.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Today I had a chat with the Vodafone customer service over the phone, they told me that in the place where I used to have 5G there is no 5G and I was looking wrong at the map.

He was saying that because there is no green arrow next to the 5G selection that means there is no coverage even if the map shows that it's good outdoor and indoor:

[Screenshoot attached]

E143NA

Roaming around all the address with 5G there is no green arrow anywhere so I believe that the guy was lying to me.

Meanwhile, I've reset my network setting and nothing, reset my phone to the factory settings and nothing. 

Nobody is answering me with a solution bouncing me between different excuses. Fortunately, my contract will end soon.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @ostage, thanks for flagging this to us! So I can take a closer look into this for you, please can you let me know the below:

- Are you able to receive 5G in other 5G capable areas?
- Have you been able to receive 5G in the postcodes you've given previously (and if so, when was this?)
- Are you able to reach 5G when using your phone in a different 5G phone?

- Is your phone currently on the latest software update and is it fully set up for 5G in your network settings? (you can find the steps on how to do this in our Device Guides when searching 'Select network mode')

View more options