main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

No network in central London inside or around a buildings

2: Seeker

Hello ,

I today I found out that when I enter the bulding in central london I am losing all the reception before I used to have a stable 5 bars even in basements NOW as soon as I enter a building everything is gone .. I got into an open field where I manage to get enough bars to maintain a call and your advisor  was happy to inform me that I will not have reception ALL DAY EVERY DAY pretty much by the end of the week...

So you are leaving me without connection for 1/4 of the month on the place where I have to make phonecalls !!!! 

Without letting me know as well and withour offering me a compensation of any kind which is just great...

What shall I do now ? Go for a different network till you decide to act normal again or what ...

In the working hours inside the building it is impossible to make or receive calls !!!

Thank you Vodafone !!!!

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

What does the Vodafone Network Checker say for your area @NaidobriX 

Status-checker. 

Also pan out on the map to check surrounding masts.

Vodafone also has a help thread that holds tips and a template. If you wish copy and paste the template back here in your thread for the Vodafone Social Media Teams to take a look and if necessary they'll pass this back to their network teams.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. Building can pose issues and especially those with reflective screens on their windows.

Vodafone do have in the small print that their service can be affected and isn't fault free.

Take a look in the Terms-and-Conditions. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

By the time I finnished work on friday I had perfect reception 

Not only in the building not only in the mezzanine floor BUT I had full stable bars inside the basement as well and from today as soon as I get in the building the whole reception is GONE !!! 

And I've been told that I will not be able to do my job because they did not come up with a back up plan to provide reveption in a crutial place like central London !!!!

It is simply unaccessible 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @NaidobriX 

The first thing to do is to check with the HR Department is anything has changed to prevent staff or visitors being unable to get mobile reception in the building.

It is never possible to receive mobile phone reception in a basement of a building, that makes me think that the office would have provided repeaters (small mobile phone masts) in the building and these have either become faulty of removed.  Also due to the structure of some buildings.  For example, having metal frames, this stops the signal  but you receive perfect reception when you leave the building.

If you are unable to get reception outside of the building, you need to give an example of the issue.  This is done by completing the template here initial checks and template when this has been received, if there is a network issue Vodafone will get this raised and get back to you with a report.

Also further information here: Network queries - frequently asked questions 

View more options
Highlighted

"It is never possible to receive mobile phone reception in a basement of a building" this is exactly where you are horribly wrong ... 

O2 and Vodafone has the best signal inside buildings which penetrates through everything and as I said I used to have reception inside the basement I had it with O2 now I have it with Vodafone all my colleagues which are on different  networks are losing it as soon as they go below ground 3 is the worst in that case in the building we have EE repeaters bit even with them can not provide such good signal as Vodafone ....

But not from today ... since they started their maintenance  works without any back up my reception is worse than "3" 

And the person on the phone just told me that I have to sacrifice a week of reception just like that ....

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @NaidobriX 

As far as being unable to receive a mobile phone signal in the basement of a property or office building the information is correct, there must have previously been a repeater in the basement to receive a Vodafone signal. It is important to remember that a mobile phone signal works on the line of sight and the basement will be below ground level.  There is also further help and advise from Ofcom here: Improving your mobile phone reception 

As mentioned, you need to provide an example of the issue to give Vodafone something to work on and you have been provided with the link and pro forma.

View more options