Ask

Solution

No signal AB14

SarahAA
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

AB14 Peterculter' 

1) Does the issue happen
 in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? about a mile

2) What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? AB14 0XA

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? I have 2 vodafone phones both without signal. 1 is my work phone and I work from home so I cannot work

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No service

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? around 8pm last night

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Signal came back this morning but I had to go out for a meeting so had signal most of the day until I returned at 2pm still no return of full 4G signal

9 REPLIES 9

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SarahAA - It looks like your local site (10638) is having a few issues at the moment.

So we can look into this further, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Hi Jenny

I have followed the instructions and replied. I hope this can be fixed soon. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SarahAA - I’ve checked our inbox and can’t see an email from you or your forum registered email address.

Did you receive an automated reply with a reference number (this would look like [#1654478]?

If not, please try submitting this again. If you’re using a yahoo address, please use a different one if possible, as these can sometimes fail to reach us.

as I cannot seem to email you privately or get any information to Vodafone, Please call me on [removed by moderator]

We are having the same problem at AB32 - which is probably a couple of miles to the north of AB14 - 4g & voice signal fine up to late Sunday then something must have broken - Vodafone however have given a variety of excuses on the phone, are supposed to be sending an engineer, but my post on ths forum has also gone unresolved.  They need to up their game customer service wise!!!!

Vodafone

I have waited in over the past hour, for your call to my landline and I get nothing. I have to wait 12 hours between messages on this forum or via email.

It is a DISGRACE that you are leaving consumers who pay you with out a service. No other utility company would be allowed to leave consumers without services for so long. As you can see this issue covers a wider area than just the AB14 postcode. I have also spoken to four of  my neighbours and they too have no signal.

For FOUR days we have endured dire customers service and no signal. I will be taking this matter to OfCom/Ombudsman/Trading Standards/BBC Watchdog and any other consumer service to ensure everyone knows how you treat your paying customers. "Best for voice calls" - see that as false advertising on top of your ridiculous customer services.

I expect a FULL REFUND of this months bill to compensate for the fact I will be spending the weekend at a friends place in Aberdeen centre to ensure I receive my call outs as I am 'on-call' for work this weekend and cannot trust the signal in AB14.

Shame on you Vodafone.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SarahAA - Your post has been edited to remove your number as this is a public forum.

So we can look into this further, please email us by following the steps in the private message previously sent. As above, if you’re using a Yahoo email address, this may not reach us - so if possible, please try an alternative.

@ComsumersChamp – Please let us know your full postcode and we’ll check things further.

If you have edited the post to remove the number, then you have the number and you could have called to discuss this issue, rather than send me public messages once every 24hrs. I do not have an alternative email. You seem to already know there is a signal fault in the AB14/ AB32 area, so perhaps you know which mast has the issue and can go and send someone with a big spanner to fix it?

I now have a list of 12 other local residents who have also complained to Vodafone about the signal in the AB14 area and they all say they have been fobbed off with "SIM fault" or in most cases not been told anything.

I have followed your email instructions and sent the information you requested. If you cannot recieve emails from Yahoo, then I suggest you send someone with a big spanner to fix that issue too.

Sarah - for everyone's info, Vodafone know they have a fault in the west Aberdeen area, I've just had a call fro their Egyptian (!!) support team confirming they have engineers on site (despite earlier trying to sell me a Sure Signal!) - they really need to improve communication & to be more transparent with customers!  BTW, the 4g signal returned to part of the area last night along with a (weaker) voice signal, so they have already started fixing whatever went wrong even though they are not telling us they are working on it!