Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No signal BT25

skodster
4: Newbie

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 200 yards up the road 2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. BT25 2QU 3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes 4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No signal downstairs and a very faint one upstairs 5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All 6) When did you first notice this issue? After my Sure signal failed 7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

On looking at your postcode in the network checker the local and surrounding masts are not reporting any issues. 

Although an indication only of signal and not a guarantee it's also showing as good signal for that postcode. 

I see you've been using a Sure Signal so can I assume signal has been an issue where you are anyway ?

Which version of SS is it ? May i ask how its failed ?

V1 and v2 can have degraded power supplies which can be replaced. Are you aware a Sure Signal has 24 months manufacturing warranty. 

Another option is Calling Over WiFi for people on eligible contracts and accepted handsets. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

skodster
4: Newbie
Hi Lee,

What the network is reporting and what I am experiencing are at odds. My Sure signal no longer works but it was bought for a previous property that also didn't have a signal. I bought my phone on the advice of Vodafone who said I had a signal. The Sure signal was masking the poor signal. I tried to get the problem fixed but Vodafone couldn't help. The box is a version 1.

When I bought my phone the Sure signal wasn't a part of the deal. I will not pay extra for a service I am entitled to.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

The reason I asked what version of SS you have was because of what I touched upon ref the power supply. 

They are available on eBay for around £10. From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

What I say next about signal isn't in no way to upset you. 

Vodafone are obligated to provide you signal but not in a specific place like home or work etc. 

Every network has fringe areas and not spots in afraid. 

As I mentioned the checker is to give an indication only and not a guarantee. I always suggest to a person that they test out a network with a payg sim card before signing up. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@skodster Your connection may also be affected by the building type of your house or the location, as well as environmental factors. 

Sure Signal will boost the connection inside of your house, so this may be why you're struggling to obtain a connection now yours is not in use. 

As @BandOfBrothers stated previously, you could look into replacing the power supply to your current Sure Signal. 

For another alternative, see Wi-Fi Calling.

Guy's - My point perhaps may be pedantic but, I pay over £100 every month to Vodafone. On their signal map, they clearly show that my address should get a good signal from within my home. The fact that this could be achieved with a SureSignal is irrelavent.

I want a signal to my home either with or without a SureSignal. I will not pay any extra for the service that is clearly shown that I should have. If Vodafone wish to put things right with a new SureSignal that is up to them. If they wish to provide an over the air signal again, that's up to them.

Vodafone are hemorrhaging customers at the moment and the reason is customer dissatisfaction brought about by poor customer service. With the greatest respect to those that frequent the forum, it is not their responsibility to deal with customer complaints like this. Vodafone have left a cornerstone of their business in the hands of other customers. It's commercial suicide.

As a result I am considering buying myself out of my contract all for the sake of some common sense customer support. They will also lose my wife's account when it expires too.

Further more, if you had a problem in a shop and the shopkeeper told you to talk with another customer about your problem, what would you think?

That's what we have here. A total abdication of customer care responsibility by Vodafone.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@skodster As stated on our Network coverage checker, this is a computer generated prediction - you can only be 100% sure how your phone will work at home, once you’re physically using it.

With all radio-based system, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and even weather conditions. It's not a guarantee of actual signal coverage.

For further help with your Sure Signal, please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread.

I communicated with Nick jeffery and he got me sorted out thanks.

All sorted.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@skodster Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear it's been sorted. :smileyhappy: