Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No signal

lynl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why has the signal disappeared in the NR15 area. My husband upgraded last week as he thought his phone had broken. I joined vodaphone in July. We have no signal at all when we were getting 3G. Apparently the mast was being upgraded, and I had a text on Friday to say the work was complete. Your staff seem to think it is ok to say this is how it is! We cannot even call your helpline as the when ever we make a call the numbers ring but we can’t hear anyone the other end, although they can hear us.  

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@lynl

Have you struck through your wording because the issue has resolved  ?

If not please use this template to help the team here look at your issues. 

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Also this will show you any currently known mast issues > Vodafone uk-coverage-map.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hi no.  It isn’t resolved.   Spent 90 mins on computer with online chat trying to find the answer.  They offered me sure signal at £69.  That isn’t the answer.  And I already pay for contract as does my husband and daughter.  We are not paying for anything more.   It is an area thing as I can use my phone out of area so long as I’m not ringing home etc.  

BandOfBrothers

Ok I appreciate it’s frustrating when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

With Network coverage having not spots and fringe coverage Vodafone are fulfilling their obligations as long as signal is being supplied somewhere. 

Am i right in assuming signal has been fine in your home area previously?

Can you please use the Template I added earlier and copy and paste it back here with your answers as this will help.

A SS is an avenue but also appreciate not everyone will want to pay a one off £69.

There is Calling over wifi for people on eligible tariffs and phone models. 

Current Phone  >

ost Title: 'First half of post code - NR15. Flordon
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Prior to mast upgrading we had 3G and 4g inside and outside the house. 

When I ring from my home, the person can hear me but I can’t hear them.   When I ring from out of area to my husband, who is on a different contract still vodaphone and brand new phone, he can’t hear me but I can hear him.  I have spoken to others at other places I. The country’s and its fine.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

Nr15 1QP

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

do not have access to another phone, but as it is happening to two separate phones then I think the likelihood of it being the phone is minimal

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
Cannot hear the person who has been called

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All
6) When did you first notice this issue?
Thursday, but I thought this was due to the upgrading of the mast, which we were notified about, so I did t worry.  Friday I received a text to say all work completed and we should have better coverage. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

permanant

I posted on a local forum to see if anyone else was having problems.  Seems they are. This is one of the answers I got 

Quote Same here in mulbarton, I also have sure signal and still struggle to get 1 bar. It started when I got message saying they updated mast. Spoke to Vodafone and they put me on wifi call and since then I've had full signal again. Unquote 

BandOfBrothers

Thank you @lynl

Your local masts report as Ok but if work has recently completed then it can take a few extra days for them to fully settle. 

Also on zooming out on the Map I see some surrounding masts are at issue which can sometimes affect local masts if Vodafone Are re routing Network traffic to compensate. 

EF468BD4-B05A-49E2-ADA1-C01A2E64752D.pngC45EDB0F-F80B-4B81-AF6D-2B11F04D1139.pngB5D445F6-D875-4640-99DD-223F5B35D3B9.png

It also shows your postcode is a fringe area. May I ask if you’ve tried turning off 4G and 3G to force 2G which may help stabilise call quality ?

Current Phone  >

Thank You for your research.  I have tried everything.  My nearest mast is Tacolneston, and tonight a few people have commented on the forum that there are lots of problems.  Just wish I could have got a straight answer from customer er services online chat, instead of them trying to sell me something I didn’t want.  

@bandofbrothers 

this is is so misleading and also a lie.  

Vodafone must be aware as plenty of people are having problems 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lynl You need to zoom out on our network coverage checker to see the unexpected issue, you can then register for updates. 

Although this may not be your closest mast, the issue may be impacting your coverage.