Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Northampton signal issues

djs1970
4: Newbie

Post Title: NN3 Northampton

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes. A few miles.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? NN3 6FL

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Have a new sim card and have a new phone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Messages appear to be sent, but received hours later. Calls go straight to answer phone

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 3G and 4G. 2G not tried

6) When did you first notice this issue? A year ago?

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent. Happens in the morning or late afternoon

27 REPLIES 27

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Inputting your postcode into the Network Checker does not highlight any current issues with your local or surrounding masts. 

Also expected but not guaranteed 2G,3G and 4G is suggested to be good. 

As service / signal is fine away from your area this suggests your SIM card and phone are ok. 

This could be Mast Congestion where issues arise when lots of people access the mast(s) at approximately the same time. 

You could try turning off 3G and 4G in the phones settings to force 2G which may stabilise calls & texts but would reduce internet speeds. 

Vodafone Network Checker.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I appreciate your answer, but find it amazing that nobody from Vodafone answers my query. I complained about this signal problem on Facebook and they told me paste the template on here. Pass the buck comes to mind. Prove me wrong Vodafone ! 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 I've checked your 2G/3G serving site (53994), however couldn't see any dips in performance or reported faults. 

Your 4G site (4833) also appears to be performing as we'd expect it to be. 

Please change your settings to 2G only and test if the issue still happens. 

Kindly keep us updated. 

• Not really the reply I was looking for. Last time I was told it was the phone . This has been proved incorrect. I have a new phone, new sim card and the answer now is to run my S7 on 2G. Why?  You have said everything seems to be OK.  It obviously isn't as this problem still persists. My poor decision is staying with Vodafone ! 

Vodafone's improved coverage and you want me to use my Samsung S7 in 2G? Lol! 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 Testing your phone on 2G only will allow us to pinpoint if there's any issues with the 2G, 3G or 4G sector of your serving cell. 

Kindly test your phone on 2G and get back to us with the results.

I will try on 2G, but I don't really know why I am despite your last post. Your colleague has already said in a post further above that 2G and 3G are performing OK with no dips. 

So just why am I trying it on 2G?

djs1970
4: Newbie
Tried on 2G and seems OK

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll be able to investigate further once you've contacted us.