Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Northampton signal issues

djs1970
4: Newbie

Post Title: NN3 Northampton

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes. A few miles.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? NN3 6FL

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Have a new sim card and have a new phone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Messages appear to be sent, but received hours later. Calls go straight to answer phone

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 3G and 4G. 2G not tried

6) When did you first notice this issue? A year ago?

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent. Happens in the morning or late afternoon

27 REPLIES 27

I have had problems with this since August, there is a known issue at Nn4 8qf i believe, would love to know when a fix is planned in for it

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sneddy Sorry for the delay in reaching your post.

So we can ensure the issue that you're experiencing is connected with the current investigation on our Network status checker, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

djs1970
Unbelievable. I received a pm from Vodafone who ask for all my details so they can access my account. Why is that as my information is private. Then they send me a message to dial 191 and discuss it there instead. Calling 191 has previously resulted in nothing, and the thread here called network queries resulted in nothing apart from I have to set 2G on my Samsung S7 phone. Improved coverage Vodafone think again!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 If you'd like our help, you'll need to follow the instructions from the first private message I sent. 

Please note we're unable to respond to messages sent to our own personal inbox. 

djs1970
So it's not the phone as that's been changed, it's not the sim as that's been changed, I'm told at the top of the thread the network is working correctly. I'm not trying to be difficult, but what more do you want from me and what can you achieve by getting this info from me? I guess your network isn't up to it as someone said, too many people in the cell?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 If you provide us with your details, we'll be able to use various internal systems to try and pinpoint your issue. 

We appreciate you may not want to disclose your personal information, therefore it's entirely your choice if you decided to contact us. 

Just like your network. Silent!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djs1970 We'd like to help you, however in order to investigate further, we'll require you to get in touch using the details from the private message we sent previously. 

djs1970
I am not prepared to share personal information, I cannot see how my personal information regarding this eforum can fix this issue. I will provide you with any information I feel I can to help you resolve this issue. As for calling Vodafone which country will I be speaking to next? My biggest mistake was taking on board what was said before by a Vodafone eforum employee 'it's your phone or sim'.As I've said they have been changed, but fault still persits. Shame as I renewed my contract with you a few months ago, and didn't get what was promised. A poor unhappy loyal customer!

djs1970
I will not pass personal details to Vodafone, just like I wouldn't to a bank. My information is private and will remain so. I will provide you with any other info you require, but nothing that is private. As for ringing Vodafone, I'm not multilingual!