Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Receiving Text Messages

Lollypop1389
3: Seeker
Hi,

My partner recently got a new phone- no change to number. He is able to receive my texts but I do not receive his responses. When I send a text to my partner, it does not move the top of my inbox and does not show I have sent a new message until I click into the thread. We are both on Vodafone and have Samsung Galaxy models.

I have also recently started to get the error message that call+ and messages service has stopped. I have also noted messages that I would usually receive from certain companies in regards to appointments have not been received.

I have cleared data and cache. I have deleted and stored the number again but problem is not fixed.

Would appreciate any help and advice.
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lollypop1389

Does this happen no matter where you are ?

ie away from your local and surrounding masts. 

It maybe worth checking both phones to see if any numbers have found their way into the phones blocking facilities. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Lollypop1389
Hi thank you for your reply.

We've just tried sat next to each other and his messages say they have delivered but my phone does not receive.

Neither of us are on the blocked list for each other.

Are you both sending plain texts so they are not converting into mms messages. 

Can you try alternative phones ?

Can you copy and paste the template with your answers back into your thread. 

Help Link > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Current Phone  >

Lollypop1389
Plain texts.

'CO4 - Colchester'

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? - No.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.- CO4 0BA (however issue is consistent in any location)

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? - Yes.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? - No consistent errors. On my partner's phone it reads that the sums has been delivered yet it is not received by my phone. I am often receiving a message to say that the call+ and message service has stopped.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All.

6) When did you first notice this issue? 3-4 weeks ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Hi,

There is some Maintenance Work in your area .....

"We'll be doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you notice any disruption. We're expecting to start work on 8am 21 Mar 2017 and to have things back to normal by 6pm 24 Mar 2017. Everything else should be working fine.~"

however if this is happening everywhere then the problem(s) could be...

Sim Card issues that any Vodafone Highstreet Store can sim swap to replace the SIM cards. 

The phones or phones settings are at issue - checking these settings and or trying another phone can help rule this out. 

Customer Services can check your Accounts to ensure nothing is causing this. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Lollypop1389

Call Plus may be contributing to the problem.  

You probably have call plus on your phone but with your partner receiving a new phone, may not have activated the application.  Depending on the model of new phone your partner is using, and if the phone came direct from Vodafone the service may be preinstalled.

You can also turn off call and message + and send the texts as normal.

There is further information on the links below.

What is Vodafone Call+ and how can I get it?

If there are continued problems, live chat will be able to help.

Lollypop1389
So I've just checked, I don't actually use Call and Message+ - I use the normal phone message service but whenever I send an sms to my partner's phone I get 2 separate error messages saying that call+ has stopped and message service has stopped. My partner also does not use message+

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lollypop1389

Have you tried the advice @BandOfBrothers provided above?

Checked the phone settings or trying the SIM in another phone? This will help establish if the issue lies with the phone or network.