Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not getting 4G, should I?

robsp8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. Last week I recieved a text message from Vodafone saying that 4g was now available in my home area. "Excellent" I thought. So I turned off the wifi on my phone (Xperia Z3), checked that the setting to use 4g was on, and waited to see what would happen, and waited, and waited.....

I've tried turning mobile data off and on, and restarted the phone- still nothing. From what I understand 4g is included with all Vodafone monthly packages, is this correct? Research on the internet suggests that some networks may count H+ as 4g. Does Vodafone do this? If so, what was the point of that text, as I was getting this long before then? Could the problem be that my SIM card need updating to support 4g?

Thanks for any assistance anyone may be able to provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @robsp8

The first thing for you to try will be a replacement SIM to one of the newer SIM cards and see if it makes a difference. A store will have the SIM quickly swapped and check the 4G settings.

If you try your SIM in your GF's phone, you will need to change the settings from pp to contract but this should confirm a SIM issue.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Usibg this Checker does it show 4G as available > Vodafone Network Checker.

Do you get a 4G connection in other areas ?

Regarding H+ this explains > Is-there-a-big-difference-between-H+-and-4G

And > Difference-between-g-e-3g-h-4g-symbols,

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Customer services can check your account to ensure all is set right. 

4G is included in all Mobile Phone Tariffs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, I've checked the coverage checker. It says I should have 4g reception both indoors and outdoors all around my local area. No, I don't seem to pick up 4g anywhere including a recent visit to a large city. I don't think I've got access to another phone that supports 4g to try my SIM in it. I will have to check the specs on my girlfriend's PAYG phone, but I think it's too basic. What if I were to try her PAYG Vodafone SIM in my phone? Is 4g included on PAYG?

AnnS

Hi @robsp8

The first thing for you to try will be a replacement SIM to one of the newer SIM cards and see if it makes a difference. A store will have the SIM quickly swapped and check the 4G settings.

If you try your SIM in your GF's phone, you will need to change the settings from pp to contract but this should confirm a SIM issue.

BandOfBrothers

Hi.

You could try her sim but payg apn settings are different from pay monthly so if they don't auto update when you put her sim in then text WEB to 40127

Any Vodafone high street store should be able to test your sim in one of their in house phones. 

And as I mentioned earlier if necessary they can swap out your sim card. Also customer service can remove and re add the data part of your service which may shake it into working. 

Current Phone  >

Oh and yes 4g is included on Payg Vodafone @robsp8

Current Phone  >

63johnw
Hi. Try logging onto another network, it won't but then go back to Vodafone, this has worked before for me.