Welcome to Vodafone Community
I transferred my number over from Virgin to Voxi but I’m not receiving all calls / texts. When my parents try to call they get an automated msg saying number not available. They also can’t txt me. They are on Plusnet/EE network. I also can’t receive verification codes via text from Visa or online banking for example. I have no idea if anyone else is trying to reach me and can’t which is annoying.
I’ve spent many hours on chat with Voxi and Virgin trying to resolve it. Tried a new replacement sim, reset all settings, voxi disconnected me from the network altogether and added me again and many more workarounds. But nothing is working.
Desperate to get it sorted now. It’s so frustrating. Any help appreciated. I’ve searched the internet and forums for solutions but nothing is working.
Answers to the questions posted by the moderator:
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? No, it happens everywhere
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? Prefer not to say in full, currently in BH14
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Haven’t tried this yet, will try next.
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Automated message saying the number is not available/valid.
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All.
6) When did you first notice this issue? When first using my new voxi sim.
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent
This sounds like a Split Port to me @hlaws which is where not all the porting in files have settled properly.
I would suggest to speak with Voxi Customer Support and tell them you think this maybe a Split Port due to changing networks and ask them to involve their porting in teams.
This appears to be more likely as from your templated answers this is happening everywhere and you've swapped out sims so I can't see it being a faulty sim card.
However trying a different phone would be beneficial as a process of elimination to rule out your phone as a possible problem.
I wish you all the best with this.
Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.
Samsung One Ui 3.1 / Android 11.
Thanks for your reply, that link doesn’t work. But I eventually got the number for the porting team in Eqypt, and after a whole day of calls with them, they have said it will be fixed by the middle of next week. So hopefully it will. Thanks.