cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving calls or SMS, but can make calls and send SMS. - Roaming on Vodafone Ireland

Zjad
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been unable to make calls locally (in Ireland) nor back to the UK while I've been here. SMS messages give me the "error 50"  when I try to send them. 

I am however receiveing calls from both the UK and Ireland, SMS. (Although I haven't been receiving verification SMSs from my bank and from Google. Probably related to this issue but not as important for now)

I've tried registering with other networks, but Vodafone Ireland is the only one that connects with Roaming - not a suprise.   I've manually set roaming on Vodafone Ireland just to be safe.  Also switched my phone to 3G only (4G didn't give any signal) and tried 2G only, but that made no difference, still unable to make calls or SMS.  Checked my account too and made certain there was no call barring. 

I'm using an Android Phone (ZTE Axom 7). I tried a friend's phone, an LG G3 but with the same results. Almost definately not a phone issue, nor a signal issue. 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've seen similar posts on the forum in the past where Roaming has failed. 

Although Vodafone U.K. Cannot guarantee everything will work when a person roams as they understandably have no control over that network it's still worth contacting customer services by phone or Live Chat just to have your account checked @Zjad

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.