main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

OX11 Chilton - Network coverage says 4G but only get 3G

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello,

Like the title, my network coverage says I should get 4G but I am only getting 3G+ which is incredibly slow for what I'm trying to use it for.

I have paid for the unlimited MAX sim and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to better my connection as I don't want to be forever stuck at what is only about 2mbps.

I think if I can't resolve it i'll just have to change package / go somewhere else which'd be annoying.

Here's the template, not that it will help too much

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Happens all over my house 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

OX11 0PG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Can't try another phone 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Only get 3G no 4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

As soon as I started using the sim.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permenant

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

I see on the template you answered " all over your house"

May I ask does this happen everywhere or just at home ?

Did you get 4G previously ?

We have come across the situation before @Pandablood  where 4G on a persons account needs to be refreshed by Vodafone customer services on their account for 4G to work.

Live Chat or support on 191 can do this.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook , Twitter  can help as they have account access too. Please link back to your thread here along with your username to help make the support response faster.

I appreciate you haven't tried your sim card in another phone but as a process of elimination that can help. Can you borrow a friends or family members phone that'll accept a Vodafone Sim Card ?

Sometimes the sim card itself is at fault to which any Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace it via a Sim Swap.  Take photo ID.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options