Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PA31 8PT cell 6220

dutyhog2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Cell 6220 is the mast at the south end of PA31 8PT  (there is another that serves the north end, but it's 10 miles further north and behind many hills).  There were 4 men working on this mast on and off up to Wednesday 6th December - I asked what was happening and they said they had installed 4G etc and it will be working by Thursday 7th.  They spoke to a neighbour as well and said it as working. But none of us can get a signal - neither Vodafone or O2.   So that's 4 days so far without a signal, but I suspect the Vodafone think that it is all working now. How do we let tham (and O2) kn ow that it isn't OK after all?

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You can let Vodafone know by using the following link and copy and paste the template back here with your answers attached. 

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

The Social Media Team here will then take a look and if necessary escalate this to the Networking Teams. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. Before you wrote I tried live chat.  it took over an hour but i was passed on to someone who took it seriously (the first one as usual just repeated that there's no problem, it must be your phone) and promised an engineering investigation within 48 hours and refund for days without service. My neighbour got an acknowledgement from O2 of faults. So I hope their subcontractor will be back to sort it out.

It does suggest that if different transmitters serve different parts of a postcode and one side has no signal while the other side is OK then Vodafone's network coverage/faults map may claim that the postcode's network has no problem.  If that's the case it needs to be sotrted out.

Still n o signal here, and more than 96 hours have passed since promised an investigation. Maybe the weather has throen them off plan, althoug it's been OK here for a few days?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dutyhog2 I'm sorry to see your coverage isn't back to normal. 

It could potentially have been pushed back due to the weather, however there's a number of reasons a network issue can take time to resolve. If you did want to find out more information on this, you can do so here

So we're able to look into this further for you on our end, please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent 🙂

Hi i'm at castle sween only a short distance from this mast  . have not had service for 10 days.   have e mailed vodafone chief exec after trying to contact someone for help without success.  got a phone call from them and they are looking into it they were very nice.

i dont get a good service even when it works and have tried the sure signal with my satelite internet without success.

recently we tried using whats app over the internet to make a call and it worked, that left me puzzled as to why vodafone do not have the same technology built into thier sure signal or can offer something similar.  does anybody have something that works.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MGOS -  Our Sure Signal will provide a 3G service when at home. If you need any help with getting yours working, please take a look at our Sure Signal troubleshooting guide.

So that we can take a closer look at your local serving site and what’s happening, please let us know the below:

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?    

6) When did you first notice this issue?

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Sure signal won't work at or near Castle Sween because there isn't a landline internet available.  The BT copper cable goes 8 miles to the exchange and is very corroded.

Good news - cell 6220 at Castle Sween came back on this morning. I now get 3G with my phone on Vodafone (it was 2G before) and a neighbour reports getting almost 10Mb/s data with O2 on the same mast ( so must have 4G) when previously he only got 2G if he stood at an upstairs window.

That 'sover two weeks with no service for what was meant to be 3 days upgrade work. I hope it can withstand the weather.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dutyhog2 Thanks for keeping us updated - that's great news! :Smiling:
If you ever need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.