Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PE33 - Oxborough

ThePlumber
3: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? - Yes, just Oxborough, outside the area is fine.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? PE33 9QB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes, we have 3 Vodafone phones and it's the same with them all.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Poor signal, we usually get 5 bars as we're so close to the mast but we've been getting only one bar or no service for 3 days.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? Happens on all.

6) When did you first notice this issue? 3 days ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? It;s permanent, doesn't get better at all.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ThePlumber

I hope you don't mind but I've taken a look at your postcode in the Link Vodafone Network Checker

And there are currently no issues reported for your local or surrounding masts. No planned maintenance and your area is indicated as ok for 2G,3G and 4G

As signal is ok when you commute away from your postcode this would indicate your Sim Card and Phone is working as they should. 

Other issues maybe that mast congestion is happening which is where lots of people access the mast(s) at the same time. 

Issues like new buildings being erected or extended. Buildings that have tinted windows can have metal built in can stop radio frequency signal from getting into the building.

Also in some cases trees growing/ sprouting leaves can be an issue. Also if the population has grown in that area too.

In rare occasions the removal of a mast can cause issues too. 

Options such as a Sure Signal that works off Home Broadband to create a 3G signal in the home will help but does cost £69 for the device. Appreciate paying out for a Sure Signal isn't always palatable for a person but it is a solution.

Another option for people on an eligible tariffs and phones is Vodafone Calling Over Wifi. 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply.

The mast local to us is very close, if I walk a few steps up the road I can see it, and whilst there are some trees near it, it's been like that since it was installed. We usually get a full signal in the house and all around the village but it's suddenly gone down to one bar or no singal at all so I suspect the mast has a fault.

It was upgraded to 4G a couple of months ago so I wonder if something has gone wrong with that.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome :Smiling:

The Vodafone Team here should be able to further check your Mast(s) and hopefully advise further. 

It can take a short while for them to get to threads. 

Bear in mind the Network Checker updates at 30 minute intervals so it maybe worth re checking yourself. 

I hope this issue with signal clears up for you all asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ThePlumber There may be an issue with your local serving site (5688).

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll investigate further once you've contacted us.

Thank you. I've sent the message.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ThePlumber You're more than welcome. 

I've replied to your email earlier today (29 January 2017). 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ThePlumber Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues within your area. 

ThePlumber
The same problems seems to have occurred again. It's been fine for a couple of weeks, but yesterday it suddenly went off again, exactly the same symptoms as before.

ThePlumber
Don't worry, it seems to have come back on this evening.