Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PL20 Meavy

Tom69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

The whole village and surrounding area are affected

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

PL20 6PJ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

YES

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

NOT REGISTERED TO NETWORK

EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY

NO SIGNAL 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

ALL

6) When did you first notice this issue?

FIRST NOTICED AFTER RECENT NETWORK UPGRADE. WITHIN LAST 3 MONTHS

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs

ALL THE TIME

14 REPLIES 14

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tom69 I've checked your local serving site and it looks to be performing correctly. 

Taking a closer look into your area, I can see that you should get a 2G connection, however 3G and 4G are limited. 

Please try to change your device settings down to 2G only and test to see if this helps. 

Are you saying you've had emergency calls only in this location for a three month period? 

On our network coverage checker, I can also see we've got some planned maintenance for one of your nearby masts:

'We'll be doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you notice any disruption. We're expecting to start work on 7.01am 05 Nov 2017 and to have things back to normal by 6pm 05 Nov 2017. Everything else should be working fine.'

This may also improve your connection after the completion date. 

Hi Alex

I've tried switching my device to 2G and had no success. I tried it at different times and locations but it makes no difference at all.

This all started around the 12th August, which is when we first reported a problem with talkmobile. I get a mixture of messages; no service is most common, then emergency calls only and sometimes its not regisered to service. Ive spoken to a lot of people in the area who use your network and everyone is suffering the same reception issues since work was carried out around the 12th August.

The work carried out yesterday has also not fixed anything either I'm sorry to report.

We used to have a reasonable service, where has it gone?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tom69 Thanks for trying that for me, it's a shame to see it didn't help you. 

I've looked into your local mast (35333) and can see we've got some planned upgrades in the works. 

There's one currently showing on our network coverage checker

'We'll be doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you notice any disruption. We're expecting to start work on 8.30am 08 Nov 2017 and to have things back to normal by 5pm 08 Nov 2017. Everything else should be working fine.'

It looks like there's more planned work for after this one has taken place. This work is also in place to improve the coverage in your area. 

I can only assume this will show up on our coverage checker after the work on 8 November 2017 has taken place.  

Still no improvement.

Worse than ever

Please tell me why we used to have coverage but don't anymore?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tom69 I'm sorry to see you've had no improvement in coverage since the planned maintenance work. 

So we're able to raise your query with our Network engineers, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent.

They'll be able to have a closer look into this for you and we'll see what we're able to do to help 🙂

Ive not heard anything for a few days.

Still no improvement 

Did you receive the info you wanted by PM?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tom69 - I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

If you’ve completed the form from the link that @Alex sent in the private message, please let us know the reference number from the auto reply email (it looks like #12345).

We can then help to look into why you’re not noticing an improvement in your signal. ☺️

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have resubmitted the info through the link in the p.m.

I don't have a reference number like you said in the auto response emails previously sent.

I will have to wait and see if the next one has that info.?,! They take a few hours to get through!

Did you recieve the information you require to fix this problem? Ive submitted it twice now!?

I'm  not getting any updates from you?